捷安特的SLATE上闵外大家觉得好吗怎么样

'Is the UVA Rape Story a Gigantic Hoax?' Asks IdiotTa的最新译文
最新经济译文
您还没有登录!
评论过百赞有奖励哦!New iPhone ad: Its soundtrack is about a penis.
Apple’s New iPhone Ad Features a Song About a Giant Penis
Apple’s New iPhone Ad Features a Song About a Giant Penis
&Gigantic& might also describe the royalties the Pixies earn off this ad.
Photo by Katie Stratton/Getty Images
So, I personally love it when my favorite bands get a payday by licensing their songs for TV commercials. I am also all for re-appropriating pieces of media in order to draw out their previously unexplored dimensions. But honestly, I&m kind of perplexed that Apple decided to soundtrack its new iPhone 5 ad, released earlier this week, with a cover of &Gigantic& by the Pixies. Because the song is pretty clearly about a penis.
Granted, it&s an incredibly joyous song about a penis, one which could conceivably inspire people to go out and buy a new phone. And Apple&s ad only features lyrics from the chorus, which just repeats the words: &Gigantic! Gigantic! Gigantic! / A big big love.& Out of context, that sounds almost innocuous. Almost. But here&s that chorus, with a :
Lovely legs they are
What a big black mess
What a hunk of love
Walk her every day into a shady place
He's like the dark, but I'd want him
Hey Paul, Hey Paul, Hey Paul, let's have a ball
Get Slate in your inbox.
Gigantic! Gigantic! Gigantic!
A big big love
Gigantic! Gigantic! Gigantic!
A big big love
Advertisement
Yep. That there is a sex song. For , I turn to New York Times music writer Ben Sisario:
On its most obvious and enticing level, it is an unabashed praise song to a well-endowed black man (&Gigantic! Gigantic! Gigantic! / A big, big love!&). But a commonly overlooked theme is its eroticized maternalism: Deal has said that an inspiration for the lyrics was the 1986 film Crimes of the Heart, in which Sissy Spacek plays a married woman who has an affair with a teenager.
The Apple ad is called &Powerful& and seems to be about how the iPhone can empower your creative pursuits. So the phrase &a big big love& feels apt enough. But in the end, as the blog Antiquiet , Apple has now created an ad featuring kids singing about a giant phallus. Which could certainly be interpreted as a wry commentary on how we treat our phones. I can only hope the director was in on the joke.
And now, the real deal:
Jordan Weissmann is Slate’s senior business and economics correspondent.

我要回帖

更多关于 大家觉得巧虎怎么样 的文章

随机推荐