我和朋友打排球,这对她来说很容易,她男生不喜欢打篮球球,因为这对她来说很困难英语

新标准英语同步注释精讲精练(高中一年级必修1)第一单元孙平华主编书号:7- &&&&&& 定价:15元外语教学与研究出版社出版&Module 1& My First Day at Senior High&一、模块学习目标1.& 学习和掌握一定量的新词汇、用法及其区别:like/enjoy, differences, similar, attitude to, manner, different from, not far from, enthusiastic, friendly, introduce … to, at first, improve, in other words, more than, as … as …, look forward to, impress, assistant, disappointing/disappointed, be divided into, once a week, at the end of, receive, take part in等。2.& 复习一般现在时的表达方法;学习以-ing和-ed结尾的形容词;学习和理解课文中出现的新的语法现象。3.& 能够接受有关新学校的基本信息,有意识地培养听、说、读、写能力,发展观察能力和思维能力。4.& 了解学习过程,将现有知识和经历与所学新信息联系起来,培养“以旧联新”的思维习惯和认知策略。5.& 热爱学校生活、积极参与英语课堂内外活动,树立新的学期目标,并以百倍的勇气和信心战胜学习过程中所遇到的困难。&二、英汉对照翻译Reading and Vocabulary&My First Day at Senior High&My name is Li Kang. I live in Shijiazhuang, a city not far from Beijing. It is the capital city of Hebei Province. Today is my first day at Senior High school and I’m writing down my thoughts about it.& &阅读和词汇我上高中的第一天&我叫李康。居住在石家庄,一座离北京不远的城市。这座城市是河北省省会。今天是我上高中的第一天,我将我对这一天的看法写下来。&My new school is very good and I can see why. The teachers are very enthusiastic and friendly and the classrooms are amazing. Every room has a computer with a special screen, almost as big as a cinema screen. The teachers write on the computer, and their words appear on the screen behind them. The screens also show photographs, text and information from websites. They’re brilliant! &我的新学校很好,并且我能够明白其原因。老师非常热情、友好,课堂令人感到惊奇。每个教室都有一台计算机,并配有特别的显示屏,其大小几乎同电影院的银幕一样。老师写在电脑上,单词就出现在后面的屏幕上。屏幕还可展示图片、课文、和网站上的信息。简直太精彩了!&The English class is really interesting. The teacher is a very enthusiastic woman called Ms Shen. We’re using a new textbook and Ms Shen’s method of teaching is nothing like the teachers at my Junior High school. She thinks that reading comprehension is important, but we speak a lot in class, too. And we have fun. I don’t think I will be bored in Ms Shen’s class!&英语课真的很有趣。老师是很热情的女老师,称为沈老师。我们使用一种新教材,沈老师的教学方法与我的初中老师的教学方法不同。她认为阅读理解很重要,但我们课堂上说得也很多。我们很快乐。我认为我不会厌烦沈老师的课。&Today we introduced ourselves to each other. We did this in groups. Some students were embarrassed at first but everyone was very friendly and it was really nice. Ms Shen gave us instructions and then we worked by ourselves. &今天,我们彼此介绍了自己。我们是分组介绍的。有些学生起初很为难,但每个人都很友好,真是太好了。沈老师给我们一些指导,我们开展了独自学习。&Ms Shen wants to help us improve our spelling and handwriting. We do this in a fun way, with spelling games and other activities. I like her attitude very much, and the behaviour of the other students shows that they like her, too. &沈老师想帮助我们改进拼写和书法。我们做得很有趣,有拼写游戏和其他活动。我非常喜欢她的态度,其他学生的表现表明了他们也很喜欢她。&There are sixty-five students in my class ― more than my previous class in Junior High. Forty-nine of them are girls. In other words, there are three times as many girls as boys. They say that girls are usually more hard-working than boys, but in this class, everyone is hard-working. For our homework tonight, we have to write a description of the street where we live. I’m looking forward to doing it!&我班有65位学生――比我先前初中时班里的学生多。49名女生。换句话说,女生人数是男生人数的3倍。人们说女生通常比男生更努力,但是,在这个班里,人人都很努力。我们今天晚上的作业是,我们必须写一篇描写我们所居住街道的短文。我正期待着做作业。&WritingRead this email from an American student in tenth grade&Hello, my name is Martha, I’m 16 years old and I live in New York. I’m in tenth grade in Senior High school. My favorite subjects are History and Spanish. I’m also studying Chinese in evening class. &写作阅读这封来自于美国10年级学生的电子邮件&你好,我叫玛莎。我16岁,居住在纽约。我是高中10年级的学生。我最为擅长的课目是历史和西班牙语。我也在夜校学习汉语。&I’m writing to teenagers all over the world. I have some questions about your memories of your first year at grade school. Would you mind answering the questions for me? &我在给全世界的青少年写信。我有一些问题是关于你对学校第一年情况印象的。你能回答我的这些问题吗?&l&&&&&&&& What is your first memory of school?l&&&&&&&& What was your favorite activity when you were in first grade?l&&&&&&&& What can you remember about your first teacher?l&&&&&&&& Who was your first best friend? Is he or she still your best friend?&l&&&&&&&& 你对学校的第一印象是什么?l&&&&&&&& 你一年级时最喜欢的活动是什么?l&&&&&&&& 你能够记忆起来你第一位老师的情况吗?l&&&&&&&& 谁是你第一个最要好的朋友? 他或她仍是你最好的朋友吗?&Here are my answers! My first memory of school was the smell of paint! They painted the walls at the start of the year. The smell disappeared quite quickly, but I still remember it. My first best friend was a girl called Molly and we were friends for about three years. But then she moved to California. I still write to her. My favorite activity in first grade was drawing pictures. My first teacher was called Miss Sharp, and she had the biggest smile in the world.&这是我的回答!我对学校的第一印象是油漆味!他们在开学之初油漆了墙壁。气味很快消失了,但我仍然记得。我的第一个最要好的朋友是一名叫莫莉的女生,我们处了大约3年的朋友。但是她后来搬到加利福尼亚去了。我仍给她写信。我一年级最喜欢的活动是绘画。我的启蒙老师是夏普小姐,她是全世界最爱微笑的人。&Cultural CornerRead the letter from a Senior High student in the US. What’s similar and what’s different in American and Chinese school systems?&文化角阅读美国一位高中生的来信。中国和美国的学校体系有和异同?&Dear Li Kang,&How’s it going? I thought I’d write to tell you about the American school system. Secondary school in the US usually covers seven years, grades six to twelve. Ninth to twelfth grades are high school. At the end of twelfth grade, American students receive the high school diploma. Students need a high school diploma if they want to go to college. &亲爱的李康:&情况进展如何?我给你写信告诉你有关美国学习体系的情况。美国的中学通常是7年制,从6年级到12年级。9年级到12 年级为高中。12年级结束,美国学生获得高中学历证书。如果学生想上大学,就需要高中学历证书。&The school year is divided into two semesters, the first of which is September through December, and the second January through May. We have a LONG summer vacation! We start school at 7:50 am and we finish at 3 pm.&一学年分为两学期,第一学期从9月到12月,第二学期从1月到5月。我们有一个很长很长的暑假!我们早晨7:50上课,下午3点放学。&I take part in all kinds of after-school activities ― I play football, basketball, volleyball, table tennis and I go to theater club.&&我参加各种课外活动――我踢足球、打篮球、打乒乓球,并去剧院俱乐部。&Will you tell me something about your summer vacation and the Chinese school system in your next letter?&Best wishes&Rob Marshall&你能在下封信中给我讲讲你的暑假和中国的学校体系吗?&最良好的祝愿&罗布•马歇尔&三、教材内容详解1. 表示学科的名词。1)中学常开设的课程有:Chinese (语文),English(英语),Mathematics(数学),Chemistry(化学),Physics(物理), Biology(生物),Geography(地理),History (历史),IT(信息技术),PE(体育)等。这些表示学科的名词,通常不与冠词连用,无复数形式,用作主语时,谓语动词用单数。例如:& ―Which is your favourite subject? 你最喜欢的是哪一门课程?―Mathematics is my favorite subject. 数学是我最喜欢的课程。&&& 2)科目名称还可作前置定语,表示类别。例如:&&& a chemistry lesson 一堂化学课;a biology teacher一位生物老师但“一位英语老师”最好用a teacher of English来表达,同样“一位汉语老师”为a teacher of Chinese。因为English teacher中的teacher可能是指其身份是英国人,同样a Chinese teacher可能是指其身份是中国人,而不是说他是教什么科目的老师。2. I like Chinese because I enjoy reading stories and poems. 我喜欢汉语,因为我十分喜欢阅读故事和诗歌。like 和enjoy都可以表示喜欢,但是后者比前者喜欢的程度更强一些。like 表示“喜欢、喜爱”时,后面可以跟名词或代词、不定式、动名词。例如:①跟名词或代词:Do you like your work? 你喜欢你的工作吗?She likes him but she doesn’t love him. 她喜欢他但不爱他。②跟不定式:Do you like to play chess? 你喜欢下棋吗?I don’t like to hear people talking like that. 我不喜欢听人这么谈话。③跟动名词:I like travelling very much. 我很喜欢旅游。I don’t like eating meals in the restaurant. 我不喜欢在饭店吃饭。enjoy 表示“喜欢、欣赏、乐于”。其后也可以跟名词或代词、跟动名词,但不能跟不定式。例如:I enjoy all the school subjects in my school. 我们学校的所有课程我都喜欢。I enjoy it (the film) very much. 我非常欣赏它(这部电影)。I enjoy taking the children out for long walks. 我乐于带孩子出去作远距离散步。Nobody enjoys being laughed at. 没有人喜欢被别人嘲笑。3. What are the main differences between Junior High school and Senior High school? 初中和高中的主要区别是什么?between … and … 表示“……与……二者之间的区别或差异”。英语介词between和among的用法及区别:&&& 1)between (prep.)“在 (两者) 之间”,一般只指在两者或两部分之间。例如:&&& There is a profound and lasting friendship between China and Korea. 中朝两国之间有深厚和永恒的友谊。&&& The Yalu River flows between China and Korea. 鸭绿江介于中朝两国之间。&&& 偶尔between也可用来指三个或三个以上之间,这种情况实际上仍是指其中一个和其他中间的一个之间的关系。例如:&&& The friendly relations between the peoples are profound and lasting. 各族人民之间的友好关系是深厚的和永恒的。&&& 2)among (prep.)“在……中间”;表示在三个或三个以上的人或物中间,后面通常接集体名词或可数名词复数形式。例如:&&& I saw him among the crowd. 我看见他在人群中。&& &He came from a village among the hills. 他来自群山中的一个村庄。4. Are Senior High teachers similar to Junior High teachers? 高中老师与初中老师相似吗?1)be similar to 表示“与……相似”。其反义词组为“be different from”。例如:Our school is similar to yours. 我们学校与你们学校相似。The school system in UK is different from our school system in China. 英国的学校体系与中国的学校体系是不同的。2)be different from&&& 其中different为形容词形式, 表示“不同于”。 difference为名词, 复数形式为 differences。例如:&&& It is something different. 这是另外一回事。&&& It was quite different from what I expected. 它和我原来想的不一样。 &&& This can be done in different ways. 这可以用不同的方法做。What is the difference between A and B?& A和B有什么不同?5. Describe your attitude to studying English. 描述一下你学英语的态度。attitude to 表示“对待……态度”。例如:What attitude do you have to language learning? 你对语言学习持什么态度?I have a positive attitude to your plan. 我对你的计划持积极的态度。其中to 还可以用toward代替。例如:We don’t know their attitude toward this project at the moment. 我们目前还不知道他们对这一项目的态度。Maybe, they will show their negative attitude toward their school system. 他们可能对他们的学校体系持否定的态度。6. Do you all behave in a serious and polite manner? 你们都表现得很严肃很有礼貌吗?1)in a serious and polite manner 表示“以一种严肃而有礼貌的态度或方式”,其中介词使用in。例如:&&& We must try to learn a foreign language in a serious manner. 我们必须以严肃的态度学习一门外语。All the new students behave in a good and polite manner in our school. 我们学校所有的新生表现都很好很有礼貌。&& &2)另外,manner作“礼貌”解时要用复数形式。例如:&&& This boy has no manners. 这个小孩没礼貌。&&& Mind your table manners at the dinner party. 在宴会上你要注意餐桌上的礼貌。& It is bad manners to leave without saying goodbye. 不辞而别很不礼貌。7. I live in Shijiazhuang, a city not far from Beijing. 我居住在石家庄,一座离北京不远的城市。&&& 1)a city是Shijiazhuang的同位语。2)not far from 表示“离某处不远”。例如:& Our school is not from my living place. 我们学校离我住的地方不远。& There is no need to take a taxi. It is not far from here. 没必要打的,那儿离这很近。&&It’s a pity that we live so far from the sea. 真遗憾,我们住的离海太远了。8. The teachers are very enthusiastic and friendly and the classrooms are amazing. 老师非常热情、友好,课堂令人感到惊奇。1)enthusiastic 和 friendly 两词均用作形容词,常用作定语或表语。其中enthusiastic表示“热情的、热心的”,friendly表示“友好的”。例如:&&& Our English teacher is an enthusiastic young man. 我们的英语教师他是一位热心的年轻人。&&& He is enthusiastic and friendly in our classroom. 在课堂上,他热情而又友好。2)amazing是现在分词,在句中用作表语。在英语中,现在分词用作表语的情况很多。例如:The film is quite moving. 小说很动人。The news is encouraging and we are encouraged by the encouraging news. 消息鼓舞人心,我们被这鼓舞人心的消息所鼓舞。9. The teacher is a very enthusiastic woman called Ms Shen. 老师是很热情的女老师,称为沈老师。&&& 其中called Ms Shen为过去分词短语,用作定语,修饰前面的women。在英语中,过去分词用作定语是一种常见的形式。例如:& Do you know the doctor called Mr Wu? 你认识称作吴先生的那位医生吗?& That is the popular book written by a Chinese scientist. 那是一本由中国科学家写的书。10. I don’t think I will be bored in Ms Shen’s class. 我认为我不会厌烦沈老师的课。&&& 这是一个否定转移的句子。think,suppose,expect,imagine等表示心理活动的动词若带含否定意义的宾语从句,常使用“否定转移”:否定从句谓语动词的否定式转移到主句的谓语动词之前。又如:&&& I don’t think I can get away at the moment. 我想目前我离不开。&&& I don’t suppose you need to worry. 我看你不必着急。&&& 英美人讲话重礼貌,讲分寸,“I don’t think I know you”实际上相当于“I don’t know you”,只不过讲得委婉,客气而已。所以,这种句子若有附加疑问句要针对从句发问。上二例可写成:&&& I don’t think I can get away at the moment, can I?& I don’t suppose you need to worry, do you?11. Today we introduced ourselves to each other. 今天,我们彼此介绍了自己。&&& 1)句中introduce 是及物动词,意思是:“介绍”,常用于短语“introduce ... to sb.”结构中,其中“to sb.”常可省略。例如:&&& The chairman introduced Professor Wang (to us) at the meeting yesterday. 昨天在会上主持人向我们介绍了王教授。&&& “Allow me to introduce my friend Jane (to you),”said Mr Li. 李先生说:“请允许我把我的朋友珍介绍给你们。”I’ll introduce myself. My name is Alice. 我先自我介绍,我的名字叫艾丽丝。&&& [注意] 若introduce后的宾语很长,也可将短语改为“introduce to sb. ...”,其中“to sb.”的“to”不能省略。例如:&&& Mr. Wang introduced to the students the importance of learning English. 王老师向学生们介绍了学习英语的重要性。&&& The headmaster of our school introduced to the foreign visitors the history of our school at the meeting. 我们学校校长在会上向国外来访者介绍了我们学校的历史。&&& 2)表示“采用,引进”,常用于被动语态中。例如:&&& Coffee was introduced into England from the country. 咖啡是从这个国家引进英国的。&&& They have been used to the new system which was introduced last year. 他们已习惯了去年引进的那套系统。&& &[注意] “introduce”的名词是“introduction”,意思是“介绍,采用,引入”等。例如:&&& Before the meeting began, I made some introductions. 开会前,我做了一番介绍。&&& He gave me an introduction to the article at the very beginning. 一开始他就向我介绍了这篇文章。&&& We are for the introduction of these new methods. 我们支持采用这些新方法。3)注意几个意义相近的单词:introduction介绍;directions指导,说明;instructions 说明。后两者常用带-s的形式来表示这一含义。 例如:&&& Could you read to me the directions / instructions on the bottle before I take the medicine? 你能在我服药前给我读一读药瓶上的说明吗?Ms Shen gave us instructions and then we worked by ourselves. 沈老师给我们一些指导,我们开展了独自学习。12.&& Some students were embarrassed at first but everyone was very friendly and it was really nice. 有些学生起初很为难,但每个人都很友好,真是太好了。1)at first表示“首先”,在英语中表示顺序。例如:I didn’t recognise him at first when I met her in the street. 我在大街上遇见她时,最初并没有认出她来。We should look through the text quickly at first, then we can read it slowly. 我们应该首先很快的浏览一下课文,然后再慢慢地阅读。2)另外,表示顺序的还有:firstly(首先),secondly(第二),thirdly(第三),… finally(最后);in the first place(首先),in the second place(第二)…; first of all(首先),second(第二),next(其次),then(然后),last but not least(最后但不是最为次要)等。在书面表达中,为了增加语言的条理性,使文字更具表达力,学会这些词汇的用法是很重要的。13.&& Ms Shen wants to help us improve our spelling and handwriting. 沈老师想帮助我们改善拼写和书法。1)improve用作及物动词,意为“改善, 改进, 提高”之意。例如:The factory is continuously improving the quality of their products. 这个工厂正在不断提高他们的产品质量。The machine was improved by a young worker. 这台机器是由一位青年工人改进的。He gave us some advice on how to improve my English. 他就如何提高我的英语水平给了我一些忠告。Their life has been much improved. 他们的生活有了很大改善。2)improvement &用作不可数名词,意为“改进,改良”。例如:There was some improvement in his health. 他健康方面有些好转。14. In other words, there are three times as many girls as boys. 换句话说,女生人数是男生人数的3倍。1)in other words意为“换句话说,也就是说;换言之”,常用来对前面的句子进行明确的说明,所使用的句子通常更易于被对方理解。而in a (one) word意为“总之,总而言之”;in words意为“用语言,用文字”。例如:An apple a day keeps a doctor away. In other words, eating some fresh fruit every day will do good to people’s health. 一天一个大苹果医生永远不找我。也就是说,每天吃些新鲜水果对人的健康有好处。In other words, we can finish the work on time only in this way. 换句话说, 我们只有这样做才能准时完成任务。In a word, I don’t trust him. 一句话, 我不信赖他。In a word, they are working very hard. 总之, 他们正在努力工作。They are not the revolutionary in deeds, but in words. 他们不是行动上的革命家, 而是口头上的革命家。2)three times as many girls as boys表示“女生人数为男生人数的3倍”。 这一句型为 “A is … times as + adj. / adv. (原级) + as B.”。例如:Bob is twice as heavy as Jack. 鲍勃的体重是杰克体重的两倍。At least, the train runs 6 times as fast as the boat. 火车的速度至少为小船速度的六倍。After the experiment, the plant is four times as tall as it was before. 在实验以后, 这种植物为过去高度的四倍。另外,这一句型还可转化为句型: A is … times + adj. / adv. (比较级) + than B.15.&& They say that girls are usually more hard-working than boys, but in this class, everyone is hard-working. 人们说女生通常比男生更努力,但是,在这个班里,人人都很努力。这个句子比较复杂,首先but 前后为两个并列句,其中前面的句子又是一个主从复合句,句中they say为主句,that引导的是一个宾语从句,在宾语从句中使用的是一个比较结构。请注意这一比较结构的用法:This room is much larger than that one. 这房间比那个房间大得多。There are a lot more apple trees in our school garden than in your school garden. 我们校园的苹果树比你们校园里的苹果树多得多。This hall is three times larger than that one. 这个大厅比那个大厅大三倍。They produced 20% more cotton last year than they did in 1980. 去年他们的棉花产量比1980年的产量增加了百分之二十。16.&& I’m looking forward to doing it! 我正期待着做作业。look forward to 意为“期待、盼望”。其中to 为介词,后面常跟名词或者动名词,而不能直接跟动词原形。例如:I am looking forward to your reply. 我盼望着得到您的答复。We are looking forward to your suggestions and comments. 我们正期待着您的建议和评论。She is looking forward to getting your reply. 她正盼着你的答复。We are looking forward to your visit. 我们期待着你们的到来。We are looking forward to receiving your letter. 我们盼望着收到你的来信。17. The students stopped being shy eventually. 学生们最后不再感到害羞。& &&1)stop为及物动词,意为“停止”,其后常跟名词或动词-ing形式作宾语。例如:He stopped the bus. 他把车停下了。We stopped working at tea time. 茶点时,我们暂停工作去喝茶。The soldiers didn’t stop climbing the mountain until they reached the top of it. 战士们并没有停止爬山,直到到达山顶。&& &2)注意区别:stop后接doing sth. (作宾语),意思是“停止(不再)干某事”;stop后接不定式to do sth. (作目的状语),意思是“停下来去干某事”。试比较:&&& He stopped smoking. (=He didn’t smoke any more.) 他停止抽烟。He stopped to smoke. (=He paused and began to smoke.) 他停下来去抽烟(他停止收听无线电)。He stopped listening to the radio. (=He didn’t listen to the radio any more.) 他停止收听无线电。He stopped to listen to the radio. (=He paused in order to listen to the radio.) 他停下来去收听无线电。18. Li Kang is very impressed with the teachers and the technology in his new school. 李康对新学校的教师和技术印象极为深刻。&& &be impressed with sb. or sth. 表示“对某人或某事的印象深刻”。例如:& &&We were impressed with their skills. 他们的技能给我们的印象很深。&&& He was deeply impressed by what he had seen in China. 他在中国见到的一切给他留下了深刻的印象。&& &His words are strongly impressed on my memory. 他的话我深深铭记在心头。&&& I watched a lot of American TV programmes, some of which impressed me deeply. 我看过许多美国电视节目, 其中有一些给我留下的印象很深。19. Is the assistant teacher a native speaker? 助教是本族语者吗?1)assistant表示“助手”。如: shop assistant (店铺助手),assistant president(总统助理),assistant manager (经理助理) 等。2)assistant teacher意为“助教”,表示讲师用“lecturer”,教授为“professor”, 副教授一般为“assistant professor”。 3)native speaker 本族语者,non-native speaker 非本族语者。20. Was Rob disappointed with his first lesson? 罗布对他的第一节课很失望吗? &&& 1) 句中disappointed表示“感到失望”,而disappointing表示“令人失望的”。试比较:They were disappointed at the disappointing news. 听到这个令人失望的消息,他们都很失望。This is a piece of disappointing news. 这是一则非常令人失望的消息。2)与此类似的用法有exciting和excited,interesting和interested,amazing和amazed,embarrassing和embarrassed,boring和bored等。这里我们就拿exciting和excited 为例,其他组区别的例句见教材第7页。exciting 作形容词,修饰动作的发出者,表示“使人兴奋的,激动人心的”之意。excited 作形容词修饰动词承受者,或因被动承受这一动作而表现出的表情发出的嗓音等,意为“激动的、兴奋的”。例如:&&& To my mind that’s the most exciting field, especially the minicomputer. 对我来说,这是我最感到兴奋的领域,尤其是微机。&&& What an exciting film! 多么有趣的电影啊!&&& On hearing the news the excited crowd all cheered. 听到这则令人兴奋的消息,激动的人群欢呼起来。At the exciting results, she got an excited look in her face. 听到这令人兴奋的消息她脸上呈现出了一种激动而兴奋的表情。21. What similarities or differences do you know about American and Chinese school systems? 你知道美国的学校系统与中国的学校系统有什么相似和不同吗?similarity 是similar的名词形式。difference 是different的名词形式。例如:Can you describe the differences and similarities of both our schools? 你能描绘一下我们两个学校的不同之处和相似之处吗?22. Would you mind answering the questions for me? 您来回答这些问题好吗?&& &1)“Would you mind + 动词-ing?” 是一个日常交际用语,表示礼貌地提出请求。例如:&&& It’s hot. Would you mind opening the window? 天气热,请你把窗户打开好吗?&&& Would you mind sending him a message for me? 请你帮我带个口信给他好吗?&&& 2)“Would you mind + 动词-ing” 还可以表示“请求别人允许”的意思。例如:&&& Do you mind my asking you a few questions? 我想请教您几个问题好吗?&&& Would you mind my turning off the light? 我把灯关掉好吗?&&& Would you mind giving me a glass of water? 请给我一杯水好吗?Would you mind waiting for him a few minutes? 你再等他几分钟好吗?23. Oh really? So have I. 噢,真的吗?我也是(刚听了第一节语言课)。1) Oh really?还有本页教材上的Is that right? 或其他的如:Well, Yeah等等,常可用在日常会话中,表示听话者对讲话者的回应,这里表示有些惊讶。但在更多的情况下只是表示在关注对方的讲话,是对讲话者的一个反馈信息,表明听者用心在听。另外,在学习中还要注意在会话中所使用的语言与书面语言的风格是不一样的,本模块对这种不同的风格首次接触,在以后的学习过程中还会经常遇到。2) “So have I.”这是一个由so引导的倒装句。其句子结构为 “so+be/have/助动词/情态动词+主语”,其中so代替上句中的某个成份。使用这一结构应注意:(1)助动词/情态动词一般与上句中的助动词/情态动词一样;(2)如果上句中的谓语动词是be或have,则so后面也用be或have;(3)如果上句中没有助动词/情态动词,则so后面用do / does / did。例如:&&& I was tired, and so were the others.& 我累了,别人也累了。―“I have lost the address.” 我把地址丢了。―“So have I.” 我也丢了。&&& Louise can dance beautifully, and so can her sister. 露易丝舞跳得好,她妹妹也跳得好。A: I went to the farm yesterday. 我昨天到农场去了。&&& B: Oh, did you? So did I. (=I also went to the farm yesterday.) 哦, 是吗? 我也去了。24. We’re going to see her once a week. 我们将每周去看她一次。&&& 1)表示“一周一次”,其中once 意为“一次”,通常置于句末。例如:&&& I have seen him only once. 我仅见过他一面。This clock needs winding once a month. (或This clock needs to be wound once a month.) 这台时钟一个月需要上一次发条。&&& We go to the theatre once a fortnight. 我们每两个星期去看一次戏剧。&&& 2)与此常常搭配的短语有:once more 再一次,再来一次,once or twice 一两次。once (and) again 一再。once in a while 有时,偶尔。&&& [注意] 表示“一次”,习惯上用once,而不用one time。表示“两次”,习惯上用twice,而不用two times。表示“三次”即可用three times,也可用thrice。表示“四次”或“四次”以上常用four times,five times,six times等等。表示“两三次”用twice or thrice 或two or three times表示“三四次”用three or four times。24. At the end of twelfth grade, Amercian students receive the high school diploma. 在12年级结束时,美国学生获得高中毕业证书。&&& 1)at the end of (在……之末,在……以后) 的对应词组是at the beginning of (在……之初,在……开始)。如:at the end / beginning of the century本世纪末 / 初 (表示时间的始末);at the end / beginning of the experiment在实验结束 / 开始时 (表示事情的始终)。例如:He will leave for Shanghai at the end of this week, and will be back at the beginning of next month. 他将于本周末动身去上海,下月初回来。2)receive 用作动词,意为“接到”,指收到某物这一动作,本身有一定的被动性,不包含本身是否愿意接受的意思。例如:&&& He did not receive a good education at university. 他没在大学接受过良好教育。&&& I received an invitation to the party yesterday, but I refused to accept it. 昨天我接到一份参加晚会的邀请, 但我拒不接受。25. The school year is divided into two semesters, the first of which is September through December, and the second January through May. 一学年分为两个学期,第一个学期从九月到十二月,第二个学期从一月到三月。&&& 1) divide用作及物动词,意为“分割,分开,分离”。又如:&&& You can divide this between you. 你们两人分开这个。&&& Divide it in half (或into halves). 把它分成两瓣 (或数瓣) (into 后多用复数形式halves)。&&& The Red Sea divides Africa from Asia. 红海把非洲和亚洲分开。&&& 2) 区别 divide 和 separate &&& divide 有“分成各部分 (parts)”的意味,separate作“将各部分分离”解。被 divide 的东西,在一定的条件下具有一定统一性;被separate的东西,没有任何统一性可说。divide含有自然划分和按一定的尺度、规则、计划分开的意义;而separate往往含有不自然的、暴力的分离的意味。例如:&& Society is
thehermitis separated from society. 社会分为阶级, 隐士同社会分离。26. I take part in all kinds of after-school activities ― I play football, basketball, volleyball, table tennis and I go to theater club. 我参加各种校外活动――踢足球、打篮球、打排球、打乒乓球,我还去剧院俱乐部。&& &1)take part in是“动词+名词+介词”型短语动词。意思为“参加”,常表示“参加活动”,尤其指参加“会议”,“工作”及大的活动。例如:&&& He took an active part in the struggle. 他积极参加这场斗争。&&& He takes a leading part in the business. 他在商业活动中占领导地位。Every four years athletes from all over the world take part in the Olympic Games. 来自世界各地的运动员每四年参加一次奥林匹克运动会。2)注意:take part in 和join in的区别&&& 表示“参加活动”用join in和take part in都可以,后者更强调参与性,特别是有众多人参加的活动。例如:Twenty students from our class took part in the sports meeting which was held in our school last week. 我班派出了二十名代表参加了上周我校举行的运动会。About one million workers joined in (=took part in) the strike. 大约一百万工人参加了罢工。Many other students took part in (=joined in) the cleaning. 许多别的学生参加了大扫除。&四、课后练习解答Grammar11.&& We study chemistry on Fridays.2.&& We are studying Russian this term.3.&& We use the computer once a week.4.&& I play football after school on Mondays.5.&& All the students in my class are doing their homework now.6.&& Most Senior High students are learning English at school.7.&& School starts at 9 am every day.8.&& The rises in the morning.21. a permanent state of affairs (7)2. a habit, or something you do regularly (1, 3, 4)3. something which is always true (e.g. scientific facts) (8)4. something that is taking place at this moment (5)5. something that is taking place in this period of time (2, 6)3, 4, 5 Students’ own answers.&Vocabulary6Languages: English, Japanese, RussianScience Subjects: physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics71.&& enthusiastic―i)very interested in something or excited by it2.&& textbook―f)a book used for the study of a subject in school3.&& history―e)study of the past4.&& encourage―a)help someone do or feel they can do something5.&& handwriting―h)the particular way someone writes using a pen6.&& method―c)way of doing something7.&& fluent―d)able to speak a foreign language very well8.&& geography―g)study of the earth and different regions of the world9.&& hard-working―b)putting a lot of effort into something8behave―behaviour&& correct―correction& disappoint―disappointment& describe―description& encourage―encouragement& enjoy―enjoyment& progress―progress& pronounce―pronunciation& misunderstand―misunderstanding& spell―spelling 91.&& His behaviour was so bad that the teacher spoke to his parents.2.&& We progress in English quickly because our teacher is very good.3.&& I can’t pronounce words beginning with th in English.4.&& I need to improve my spelling because I make a lot of mistakes when I write in English.5.&& I don’t enjoy doing maths because I’m very bad at it.10positive:& amazed&& excited&&& interestednegative:& bored&& disappointed&& embarrassed&Reading11 Students’ own answers.121.&& Gym is a large room for doing physical exericises. (b)2.&& Coaches are people who train a sports player or team. (a)3.&& Graduates are people who have left a school. (b)4.&& Relationships are the way people are connected together. (a)5.&& Memories are things we remember from our past. (b)13The following sentences are true (T):2. There are more sports clubs than cultural clubs in the school.4. Club activities are a favourite part of Senior High school life.5. People who go to the same club often become good friends.7. Some club activities continue during the summer vacation.The others including 1, 3, 6 are false (F).&Listening and speaking14Students’ own answers.15TapescriptBoy: Have you joined any school clubs yet?Girl: Yes, I have. I really interested in photography, so I joined the Camera Club.Boy: That’s interesting. Where do you have your meetings?Girl: In Room 303.Boy: Right. How often do you meet? Every week?Girl: Yes, we meet every Thursday at 4 o’clock.Boy: Every Thursday at 4 o’clock? That’s the same day that my club meets! But the time is different.Girl: Oh? Which club do you belong to?Boy: The Dance Society. We meet every Thursday at 5 o’clock. Girl: Where do you have your meetings? I guess you need a big place.Boy: Yes, we practise in the school gym.Girl: The school gym? That should be big enough. I guess!&Answers:&Camera ClubDance SocietyMeeting day:ThursdayThursdayTime:4 o’clock5 o’clockLocation:Room 303school gym&17, 18Students’ own answers.&Speaking and writing19Students’ own answers.20&& 1& B&& 2& C&&& 3& D&& 4& A21Students’ own answers.&五、解题技能(1):阅读理解&阅读理解,选择最佳答案。A good way to pass an examination is to work hard every day in the year. You may fail in an examination if you are lazy for most of the year and then work hard only a few days before the examination. If you are taking an English examination, do not only learn rules of grammar.&&& Try to read stories in English and speak English whenever you can. A few days before the examination you should start going to bed early. Do not stay up late at night studying and learning things. Before you start the examination, read carefully over the question paper. Try to understand exact (确切的) meaning of each question before you pick up your pen to write. When you have at last finished your examination, read over your answer. Correct the mistakes if there are any and make sure that you have not missed anything out.1.How can you do well in an examination?& (1)To work hard every day in the year.& (2)To start going to bed early a few days before the examination.& (3)To be careful in doing the question.& (4)To read over your answer before you hand in your paper&&&& A.You should do (1) and (2).&&&&&&& B.You should do (2) and (3).&&&& C.You should do (3) and (4).&&&&&&& D.You should do (1), (2), (3) and (4).2.Learning rules of grammar _____ to pass an examination.& A.is enough&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.is not enough& C.isn’t necessary (必要的)&&&& D.isn’t useful3.It is helpful _____.& (1)to read stories in English& (2)to learn the rules of grammar& (3)to speak as much English as possible& A.All of the three are true.&&&&& B.Only (1) is not true.& C.Only (2) is not true.&&&&&&&&& D.Only (3) is not true.4....and speak English whenever you can.The word “whenever” means _____.& A.no matter when&& B.what time&& C.for ever&& D.unless5....that you have not missed anything out. Here “miss out” means _____.& A.think hard&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.give the wrong answer& C.not have enough time to do&&& D.fail to put in&〖分析〗&&& 本篇文章为说明文,文章围绕“如何通过考试”这个中心,从平时、考前及考试期间这三个方面如何做加以具体的说明。&&& 第1题:答案选D。本题属于概括性综合选择题,用四个句子概括了如何通过考试的具体做法。前两个句子(1)、(2)可以从文章中直接找到,而后两个句子(3)、(4)虽与原句表达方式不同,但意义上是相同的。要求答题者认真阅读短文,经全面分析后才能得出正确的结论。&&& 第2题:答案选B。本题属于转换理解题,第1自然段最后一句明确说明“假如你要进行英语考试,不要只学习语法规则”。转化后“通过考试只学会语法规则是不够的。”&&& 第3题:答案选A。本题和第1题一样属于概括性综合题,也属于转换理解题。要通过考试,读英语故事、学习语法规则,尽可能多地讲英语,这对于答好题是很有帮助的。答题者需认真阅读短文内容,真正理解后才能得出正确结论。&&& 第4题:答案是A。属于推理判断题,要求用英语解释whenever。从文中大意我们可以推断,通过考试需从平常开始,无论何时何地都要学,可以采取读故事,学习语法规则及尽可能多地讲英语而达到目的。由于排除what time, for ever 及unless 而确知 no matter when 为“无论什么时候”,等于whenever。第5题:和第4题一样属于推理判断题,从文中最后我们可知,考试答题时认真复核考题答案,有错就改过来。直到确信没有错误为止。由这个大概意思我们可以推断出 miss out 等于fail to put in,以为“填错”,故答案选D。六、模块评价与测试I. 单词填空(用所给单词的正确形式填空)1.&&&&&& Do you know the main _________(different) between American English and British English?2.&&&&&& Can you describe the _________(similar) of the these two schools?3.&&&&&& You can also see photographs, text and ____________(inform) from websites.4.&&&&&& In the process of reading, _____________(comprehend) is playing an important role.5.&&&&&& Our spelling and handwriting have been greatly __________(improve) this semester.6.&&&&&& The teacher’s __________(encourage) help the child overcome many difficulties.7.&&&&&& At the end of ________(twelve) grade, American students can receive the high school diploma.8.&&&&&& He has an __________(interest) attitude to the method of English teaching.9.&&&&&& We have no _________(difficult) in carrying out this hard task.10.&& It seems very difficult for me to improve my English ____________(pronounce).II. 完形填空New York, London, Paris and other big cities are exciting places to live in. There are (1) _______ interesting things to see and to do. You can go to (2)_______& kinds of museums, plays and films.You can also go shopping and (3)_______& things from all over the world. But there are serious problems in big cities, (4)_______ . The cost of living is (5)_______ , and there are too many people in some places of the big cities. Every year many people move to the cities, because they can (6)_______ find work there, to study at good schools, and to receive good medicial care. But (7)_______ these people can not find work or a good place to live in. Also, too many people in a small (8)_______ make it hard to keep the cities (9)_______ and clean.Some people enjoy living in big cities, others do not. (10)_______ people move to a big cities, they should think about the problems of living there.1.A.many&&&&& B.much&&&&&& C.little&&&&&& D.few2.A.every&&&& B.each&&&&&& C.same&&&&&&& D.different3.A.sell&&&&& B.buy&&&&&&& C.borrow&&&&&& D.lend4.A.neither&& B.either&&&&& C.too&&&&&&&&&& D.also5.A.high&&&&& B.tall&&&&&& C.large&&&&&&&& D.wide6.A.hardly&&& B.loudly&&&& C.carefully&&&&& D.easily7.A.always&&& B.never&&&&& C.sometimes&&& D.ever8.A.space&&&& B.island&&&& C.ground&&&&&& D.station9.A.dangerous& B.safe&&&&&& C.popular&&&&&& D.warm10.A.Since&&& B.Because&&& C.After&&&&&&& D.BeforeIII. 句型转换 (根据第一句转换为第二句, 每空一个单词)1.It is necessary that we should learn from each other.& It is necessary _______ ______ ______ learn from each other.2.When she was a child, she liked playing the piano.& ______ _______ child, she liked playing the piano.3.The meeting will go on for half an hour.& The meeting ______ _______ half an hour.4.I have only ten English books now.& I have ______ ______ ______ ten English books now.5.She did her best to help me with my work.& She did ______ ______ ______ to help me with my work.6.It took her much time to improve spoken English.& She ______ much time (in) ______ spoken English.7.That is the wooden house where the hunter lives.& That is the wooden house for the hunter _______ _______ _______.8.This is the house where he lived ten years ago.& This is the house _______ _______ he lived ten years ago.IV. 阅读理解In one way of thinking, failure is part of life.In another way, failure may be a way towards success. The “spider (蜘蛛) story” is often told. Robert Bruce, leader ofthe Scots in the 13th century, was hiding in a cave from the English. He watched a spider making a web (网). The spider tried to reach across a rough place in the rock. He tried six times to go over there but failed. At the seventh time he made it and went on to make his web. Bruce is said to have been encouraged and to have gone on to defeat the English. Edison, the inventor of the light bulb (灯泡), made hundreds of models that failed before he found the right way to make one. Once he was asked why he kept on trying to make a new type of battery (电池) when he had failed so often. He replied, “Failure? I have no failure. Now I know 50,000 ways that won’t work.”So what? First, always think about your failure. What causes it? Were conditions right? Were you in top form yourself? What can you change so that things will go right next time?Second, is the goal (目的) you’re trying to reach the right one? Try to do some thinking about what your real goal may be. Think about this question. “If I have success this time, where will it get me?” This may help you prevent failure in things you shouldn’t be doing anyway.The third thing to bear (牢记) in mind about failure is that it’s part of life. Learn “to live with yourself” even though you may have failed. Remember that you can’t always win.1. This passage deals with _______.A.failure and success&& B.two sides of failureC.the “spider story”& D.great men’s failure2. In the first paragraph the writer talks mainly about ________.&& A.how to avoid failure& B.famous failureC.the value of failure& D.why some people fail3. The writer put Robert Bruce in the passage to show that ________.A.nature will help us through our difficultiesB.people who have failed will certainly win successesC.in time of difficulty one can learn from natureD.failure isn’t all that bad4. One thing the writer does not tell you to do to deal with failure is to ________.A.think about failure as part of lifeB.stay away from things that are beyond youC.think about failure to find out what went wrongD.check your goals to see if they are right for you5. Even if we have failed, we should ________.A.not live with others in the same house&& B.discuss it with somebody elseC.not think about it any more&&&&&&&&&&& D.learn to accept it&

我要回帖

更多关于 打排球的正确手势 的文章

随机推荐