浏览次数:1|
上传日期: 22:12:48|
文档星级:
该用户还上传了这些文档
全新版大学英语综合教程2第二版答案unit1-unit 3
官方公共微信全新版大学英语(第二版)综合教程2-课后习题51
上亿文档资料,等你来发现
全新版大学英语(第二版)综合教程2-课后习题51
1.Vocabulary;promote;performance;emerge;attachsummarizenot…inthe;1)Tousethemachine,firstt;thebutton.;2)ProfessorSmithtranslat;Polish.;3)Foodchemistswillthehea;benefitsclaimed.;4),i
1. Vocabulary promoteperformanceemergeattach
not…in the least critical
in retrospect
make up for
phenomenon
investigate
on occasion
in due course 1) To use the machine, first the correct coins, then select the drink you want and pressthe button.2) Professor Smith translated not only from the French but also,
from thePolish.3) Food chemists will
the health food on sale to see if it really does give thebenefits claimed.4)
, it was the wrong time to open a new data processing center in this city.5) My
reaction to the news was relief, but as I thought more about it I began to feelangry.6) A full understanding of mathematics is sufficient to explain a wide variety ofnatural
.7) Make sue the label is firmly
to the parcel before you mail it.8) My boyfriend bought me dinner to
being late the day before.9) The committee a decision from the head office before it takes any action.10) The little girl did
seem to be
frightened of being left by herselfin the house.11) The WTO (=World Trade Organization) is intended to trade among its memberstates.12) When the moon
from behind the clouds I made out a figure moving in thedistance. blessdated consequence
abrupt deny
sentiment primarily wear and tear in contrast to seemingly confusion
nothing more than
tickle1) Prof. Williams says that my composition is good except for the ending which seemstoo
2) Suffering from insomnia for several days, Ann went to see her doctor and was told that theproblem was more
than physical.3) The organizer of the charity concert said,
“I ask all of you to join me in praying that Godwill
those who have given so generously for the poor and needy.4) The insurance policy does not cover damage to goods caused by normal
.5) The old economic beliefs are widely regarded as too to be useful in solving theproblems now emerging in our economy.6) You are free to say what you think, but as a responsible individual you should also beprepared to face the
of what you say.7) Prices are going down. However this welcome change may bring about otherproblems in the economy.8) John’s view on the train crash stands those of almost all of his colleagues.9)
is the most powerful driving force in one’s pursuit of knowledge.10) After teaching grade school for a year or so, she felt a
love for the pupils.11) Donations from alumni are an important source of the university’s income. But researchfunds come
from the government.12) Should judges consider popular before deciding case? dumbschemefrank
junior typical fade
at any rate hand down dread constant
narrow downwelfare
interference
community1) The view that you should never spend more than you earn is fairly
of people oftheir generation.2) The artists stood before the paintings almost with astonishment at their beauty.3) In 1963, after his
year in high school, Clinton was elected into a governmentstudy program for young people in Washington, D.C.4) William Byrd composed many pieces of music, but his Latin Church music is considered hismost work.5) Governments establish systems to provide a safety net to prevent people fromsuffering the effects of poverty.6) You quit that respectable, well-paid job for this unpromising one?you?7) Many animals face extinction as the result of human
.8) Her hope of her husband’s return is
as years go by.9) Having worked for three years, Roger decided to enroll on an MBA programhis choice to three famous universities on the East Coast.10) A reply is much more appreciated than heating about the bush.11) Harold is always coming up with these dumb
for making money that just get usinto trouble.12) Call me,
, let’s keep in touch. take indataspitangle
conversely Internet tone appointment edit
at times1) He would have preferred his wife not to work, but
he was also proud of whatshe did.2) Things are much cheaper here than in New York,
, our average salary is much smaller.3) His forgetfulness may be a
of brain trouble.4) The small boy started blood and his mother panicked.5) These laws are intended to prevent government officials from
their power.6) “Go to the bathroom and wash your hands,” the nurse told the children in acommanding
.7) Mary, a Harvard Law School graduate, was a very capable lawyer and our firmher as partner.8) The article is interesting, but it needs some
before it can be published.9) To my knowledge, they to meet next Friday morning in the manager’soffice.10) When we say that we see light at the end of the tunnel, we mean that victoryis
.11) He promised to repay me in three days. But the days
into months and I nevergot a cent back from him.12) Before we can draw conclusions, we must collect enough
and analyze themscientifically. 2.Cloze Is there a
between learning styles in China and the West? While we should becareful to avoid the difference, they do appear to exist. In China, for example,greater
is given to developing skills at an early age. The Americans,
,place more emphasis on
creativity in young children, leaving them toskills later. American parents tend to avoid rushing in to their children as they tryto
a task, thinking it better that children should learn to solve problems bythemselves. Such an approach can,
one’s parentalduties by those more used to “teaching by holding the hand.” Both approaches have theirdisadvantages as well as advantage, and it may well be to search for amethod that would combine the best of both worlds. The real challenge to us teachers is combining the best of both worlds into one. Creativity andbasic skills need to be considered in terms of being means to an
, rather thansimply as ends in themselves. Some Chinese students may not
well inhypothetical settings, but when it comes to
real life challenges and issues, theyare more than
in resolving most of them,
as they are with theirstrong skills. The U.S. system may be
to aim more at producing top of the creamstudents, but that
may do damage to the big bulk of the
of thestudent body. The Chinese education system is
workforce. And I truly believe that solid basic knowledge skill focus is the single biggest forcedriving the rise of China as a country. If you visited Karl Green, you might not at first sight think he was
. Most of what he owns is rather and he will readily admit to
the bottom income
. Yet he would
that he is poor, for he feels that his life is full of less riches. Rather than devoting himself to the of money before all else, he
the pleasures of friendship. His lack of interest in possessions does, however, sometimes make him feel
in today’s materialistic society and he still clearly feels hurt when he remembers the
departure of a girlfriend who did not share his views. Yet there are many who admire him, particularly for his
on helping the poor through collecting
each Christmas. How does spending connect to happiness? One explanation lies in “conspicuous consumption’. The idea is that the rich don’t accumulate wealth in order to
it. Rather they accumulate wealth in order to display it, and their happiness is
by their neighbors’ envy. As a result, the country finds itself in the grips of a “luxury fever”- families with
incomes of $50,000 try to emulate the consumption of those with $70,000, who in turn try to emulate those with $140,000, and so on.
It’s just
common sense. It’s
impossible for a piece of paper like money to make you happy. Instead, what makes people happy is the feeling of
or power money brings.A recent survey
that those from the Forbes list of the 400 richest Americans and the Maasai of East Africa are almost
satisfied. The Maasai are a
herding people who have no electricity or running water and live in huts made f mud..It
that economic development and personal income cannot account for the happiness that they are so often linked to. Our dad is of the older generation. You can certainly say he gives our his attention. Sometimes, however, we wish he wouldn’t try quite so hard. To be
he seems to have a
for embarrassing us by making
remarks. He should mistakes
. The result is that we live in constant
of his well-intentioned in our affairs. Mom is on help, as you can she will always see things from his point of view rather than from ous. Overall, though, he’s a wonderful dad and I
you I wouldn’t trade him for anyone in the world. A new research study has found that,
what parents might believe, there is an enormous gap between what they think their children are doing online and what is
happening.In one part of the study, over 500 children from a variety of ages and backgrounds wereasked if they gave out personal information online. 73% said that they did. The parents of the
children believed that only 4% of their children did so.The children were also asked if they had made face-to face
with strangers that they had met online. 36% from the high school group admitted to meeting with a stranger they had met online. Nearly 40% of these children
to speaking with strangers regularly. Fewer than 9% of the parents knew that their children had been meeting with strangers.Another part of the study found that 30% of children between the ages of 9 and 18 delete the search history from their browsers in an
to protect their privacy from their parents. Common filtering software may
be effective, since children will access what they are looking for elsewhere C at a friend’s house, an internet café, or school. One problem lies in the factthat parents don’t know much about using popular online software and chat programs, and
To have no clue about what is really happening online. This lack of knowledge on the parents’ part may be no
from the situation before the arrival of the web. Parents don’t know what their children are doing on the Net, in the same
that they don’t know what goes on at class, parties, or clubs. With the
we can escape into another world at the of a button.For many this
world is a dream come true. They find they can do away with the daily
and stay inside for weeks and
everything from home. Other, however, may find the virtual world a Internet
is slow and everything
at a snail’s space. The computer does not your messages nor does it
out . Still others, who get
the virtual world, may find communicating face-to-face too emotional and unbearable.
they feel this so strongly that they have to from real human contact, hurrying to get back to the comfort and safety of a less demanding world. I live in a small coastal town of 398 people located halfway between San Francisco and the Oregon border. The nearest traffic light is nine miles north of M its closest
to the south is over 90 miles away. The nearest four-lane highway is 58 miles east. Federal Express doesn’t
here on Saturdays.But there is Internet
here. It enables me to work at home, writing computer books and articles for computer magazines. It enables local students and historian to conductresearch. It
local businesses C inns, music stores, driving schools C to reach new
. It enables local people to enjoy the benefits of email and the
of websites and chat rooms.In fact, because small towns have few people, few stores, and few libraries and schools, you could argue that the Internet
more benefits to small towns that it does to big cities. But Internet service providers are not interested in
markets. What they are interested in is making money. As a result, people in many small towns and
areas are unable to keep up with the development of
technology. 3.Translation (Chinese =& English) 包含各类专业文献、文学作品欣赏、生活休闲娱乐、幼儿教育、小学教育、专业论文、中学教育、全新版大学英语(第二版)综合教程2-课后习题51等内容。 
 全新版大学英语(第二版)综合教程2_课后习题之翻译和作文_英语学习_外语学习_教育专区。汉英对照Unit 1 I. translation 1 背离传统需要极大勇气 It takes an enorm...  全新版大学英语(第二版)综合教程1-课后习题答案全集_英语学习_外语学习_教育专区。核实自己的答案~\(RQ)/~啦啦啦Unit2 I. Vocabulary 1. Fill in the ga...  全新版大学英语第二版综合教程2课后翻译题_英语学习_外语学习_教育专区。全新版大学英语第二版综合教程2课后翻译题全新版大学英语第二版综合教程 2 翻译题 Unit1 ...  Usage 1. more or less 2. kind of/ sort of 全新版大学英语综合教程(第二版)课后习题答案 3. something 4. kind of/ sort of 5. more or less 6. ...  全新版大学英语综合教程2(第二版)课后练习答案_英语学习_外语学习_教育专区。全新版大学英语综合教程2(第二版)课后练习答案醉雪―风随心动 www....  全新版大学英语(第二版)综合教程1-课后习题答案_英语学习_外语学习_教育专区。...3 1)lies in 2)basis of 3)the steady contact between is likely ...  全新版大学英语(第二版)综合教程1-课后习题答案_英语学习_外语学习_教育专区。Unit 1 Growing Up Part II Language Focus Vocabulary Ⅰ. 1. 1.respectable 2....  全新版大学英语综合教程2(第二版)课后答案_英语学习_外语学习_教育专区。Unit1 Vocabulary I 1. 1) 2) 3) 4) 2. insert on occasion investigate In retrosp...  全新版大学英语 2 课后翻译题答案 全新版大学英语(第二版) 综合教程学生用书 第 2 册课后翻译题答案 Unit 1 Page.19 单句翻译: Translation 1. 背离传统需要...

我要回帖

更多关于 大学英语四课后习题 的文章

随机推荐