初级汉语精读课本本曼德拉的花园的写作特色

【现代大学英语精读】(第一册)第七课 曼德拉的花园(5/5)
编辑点评:
上世界著名的黑人解放主义者曼德拉在牢狱度过的生活是如何寻找快乐的呢?在此,曼德拉自传的节选告诉你伟人在困境中与常人截然不同的积极态度
翻译:beryldemon
I wrote Winnie two letters about a particularly beautiful tomato plant, how I made it grow from a tender seedling to a strong plant that produced deep red fruit. But then, either through some mistake or lack of care, the plant began to wither and decline, and nothing I did would bring it back to health. When it finally died, I removed the roots from the soil, washed them, and buried them in a corner of the garden.
I told her this small story at great length. I do not know what she read into that letter, but when I wrote it I had a mixture of feelings: I did not want our relationship to go the way of that plant, and yet I felt that I had been unable to nourish many of the most important relationships in my life. Sometimes there is nothing one can do to save something that must die.我给Winnie写了两封信,信的内容提到了我那长得特别好的番茄。在信里我给她描述了我如何将一颗脆弱的小苗培育成茁壮得长出深红色果实植物的过程。但是,一旦缺少一点点的关照以及犯下一点点的错误,这颗植物就会枯萎乃至衰亡。这种时候,没有任何方法可以给它重新带来健康。当它最终死亡的时候,我从土里拔出它的根,清洗干净,然后将它们埋葬在了花园的一个小角落里面。
我通过这个小故事是想告诉她更深的含义。我不知道当她读这封信的时候会领悟到什么,但当我写着这封信的时候我心中感到五味杂陈。我不希望我们之间的关系就像这颗植物这样最终枯萎。即便如此,我也明白我没有能力长期滋养生命中众多重要的人际关系。有时候,人们在面对一段终将逝去的人际关系,只能听之任之。
翻译:beryldemon(水平有限,仅供参考)
http://i1./topic/091231_tingli8211.png【现代大学英语精读】(第一册)第七课 曼德拉的花园(5/5)
编辑点评:
I wrote Winnie two letters about a particularly beautiful tomato plant, how I made it grow from a tender seedling to a strong plant that produced deep red fruit. But then, either through some mistake or lack of care, the plant began to wither and decline, and nothing I did would bring it back to health. When it finally died, I removed the roots from the soil, washed them, and buried them in a corner of the garden.
I told her this small story at great length. I do not know what she read into that letter, but when I wrote it I had a mixture of feelings: I did not want our relationship to go the way of that plant, and yet I felt that I had been unable to nourish many of the most important relationships in my life. Sometimes there is nothing one can do to save something that must die.我给Winnie写了两封信,信的内容提到了我那长得特别好的番茄。在信里我给她描述了我如何将一颗脆弱的小苗培育成茁壮得长出深红色果实植物的过程。但是,一旦缺少一点点的关照以及犯下一点点的错误,这颗植物就会枯萎乃至衰亡。这种时候,没有任何方法可以给它重新带来健康。当它最终死亡的时候,我从土里拔出它的根,清洗干净,然后将它们埋葬在了花园的一个小角落里面。
我通过这个小故事是想告诉她更深的含义。我不知道当她读这封信的时候会领悟到什么,但当我写着这封信的时候我心中感到五味杂陈。我不希望我们之间的关系就像这颗植物这样最终枯萎。即便如此,我也明白我没有能力长期滋养生命中众多重要的人际关系。有时候,人们在面对一段终将逝去的人际关系,只能听之任之。
http://i1./topic/091231_tingli8211.png【现代大学英语精读】(第一册)第七课 曼德拉的花园(5/5)
编辑点评:
http://i1./topic/091231_tingli8211.png
学语言的最终目的不是沟通吗? 酷仔开这个场子,让大家尽情飙口语&
还在问口语烦恼?现在只要你每天花五分钟时间,就能get到口语技能&
enjoy & share free talk,所以请尽情的free~用英语说出你想说的&【现代大学英语精读】(第一册)第七课 曼德拉的花园(4/5)
编辑点评:
I began to order books on gardening. I studied different gardening techniques and types of fertilizers. I did not have many of the materials that the books discussed, but I learned through trial and error. For a time, I attempted to grow peanuts, and used different soil and fertilizers, but finally I gave up. It was one of my few failures.
A garden was one of the few things in prison that one could control. To plant a seed, watch it grow, to tend it and then harvest it, offered a simple but enduring satisfaction. The sense of being the owner of the small patch of earth offered a small taste of freedom.
In some ways, I saw the garden as a metaphor for certain aspects of my life. Leaders must also look they, too, plant seeds, and then watch, cultivate, and harvest the results. Like gardeners, leaders must take responsibility for they must mind their work, try to drive back enemies, save what can be saved, and eliminate what cannot succeed.我开始订阅一些与园艺相关的书籍。 我学会了各种各样的栽种技能以及认识到了各种类型化肥的用法。 我并没有很多书上提到的材料,但我从实验与失败中学到很多。 有一段时间, 我尝试种一些花生,我用了不同种类的土壤和化肥,但最终还是失败了。这是我为数不多的失败之一。
在监狱中只有少之又少可以自己掌控的事情,栽培一座花园就是其中一件。种下一颗种子,监督着它的成长,照顾乃至收获,给予一种简单但是持续的关注。在小小的土地中拥有自己的一小片领土的感觉让我感受到了自由。
某种角度来讲,这座花园喻示着我生活中必不可少的一部分:领袖们必须要照顾好他们自己的花园,他们同样要埋下种子,然后照料,培育以及收获果实。就像园丁一样,领袖们必须承担起他们栽培的责任;他们必须重视他们的工作;尽力去击垮敌人,保护该保护的,然后排除万难抵达成功。
http://i1./topic/091231_tingli8211.png

我要回帖

更多关于 曼德拉南非的罪人 的文章

随机推荐