续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
新概念2摘要写作答案
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用
想免费下载本文?
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩13页未读,继续阅读
你可能喜欢By Posted:
Apologies for the continued and still continuing hiatus, readers. I’m talking time off from school/work/research/blogging and have been for some time now, for those who weren’t aware. I have an unfortunate slew of health issues (auto-immune disease) that I’m dealing with right now and have had to step back from some things to keep the work-life balance in check. Hopefully, I’ll be making my return to blogging (and physics [and health]) soon.
Update (April 25th, 2011) at end.
So I woke up this morning to several emails about a strange “Higgs sighting” at ATLAS.
On a , a commenter named
shared an abstract purporting observations of some 115 GeV resonance at CERN.
It claims to be from an “internal note” from the ATLAS Collaboration.
Higgs? says:
Internal Note
Report number
ATL-COM-PHYS-
Observation of a γγ resonance at a mass in the vicinity of 115 GeV/c2 at ATLAS and its Higgs interpretation
Fang, Y (-) ; Flores Castillo, L R (-) ; Wang, H (-) ; Wu, S L (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
21 Apr 2011. – mult. p.
Subject category
Detectors and Experimental Techniques
Accelerator/Facility, Experiment
CERN LHC ; ATLAS
Free keywords
D R EWEAK ; HIGGS ; SUSY ; EXOTICS ; EGAMMA
Motivated by the result of the Higgs boson candidates at LEP
with a mass of about 115~GeV/c2, the observation given in ATLAS note
ATL-COM-PHYS- (November 18, 2010) and the publication
“Production of isolated Higgs particle at the Large Hadron Collider
Physics” (Letters B 683 ), we studied the γγ invariant mass
distribution over the range of 80 to 150 GeV/c2. With 37.5~pb-1 data
from 2010 and 26.0~pb-1 from 2011, we observe a γγ resonance around
115~GeV/c2 with a significance of 4σ. The event rate for this resonance
is about thirty times larger than the expectation from Higgs to γγ in
the standard model. This channel H→γγ is of great importance because the
presence of new heavy particles can enhance strongly both the Higgs
production cross section and the decay branching ratio. This large
enhancement over the standard model rate implies that the present result
is the first definitive observation of physics beyond the standard
model. Exciting new physics, including new particles, may be expected to
be found in the very near future.
Is this a Higgs sighting? Well, the abstract says, “the event rate…is about thirty times larger than the expectation from Higgs to γγ in the standard model” making it certainly not evidence for a Standard Model Higgs.
Is it a real observation? That’s a better question at this point.
Better still, is this a real note?
I don’t work with CERN, so my login doesn’t give me permission to access internal memos (in fact, I can only read the partial title “Observation of a γγ resonance at a mass”?) although others have told me that the paper is actually there and does claim what the abstract is presenting (although perhaps not convincingly).
One of my favourite ATLAS postdocs, , said,
The line from the management is “This is not an official result of the ATLAS experiment.”
“Not an official result”. Hmm…
Now, the authors are a little interesting because they include . Wu is often associated with her excitement, near the end of the LEP days, when her team thought they had observed a Higgs candidate around 114GeV/c2 (it was basically ruled out later).
The energies being so similar here make this curious.
Another important thing to point out is that the CDF has also been focused on the H→γγ search and has seen no 115 GeV bump in their data [see
[pdf] from April 18th, 2011].
If this sizable 115 GeV bump was being found in ATLAS data, the CDF should also have seen a hint of it, not, nothing.
At this point, I see no reason in speculating on what this [result] means.
It’s a rumour.
The analysis may be very limited.
The data may be non-existent.
And it’s not impossible that someone uploaded it to the CERN servers as a joke.
If the ATLAS Collaboration were to release it themselves, then we could be excited (and if people want to start throwing around “fourth generation”, “non-Standard Higgs”, “SUSY confirmed/ruled out”, then it might be reasonable).
Until there is an official statement from the collaboration, or even one of the co-authors, this is just gossip.
Don’t get excited.
Seriously.
For more remarks, analysis, and speculation:
Not Even Wrong:
The Reference Frame:
A Quantum Diaries Survivor:
Résonaances:
Update: April 25th, 2011: “” in Nature.
ATLAS’ spokeswoman Fabiola Gianotti stops short of disowning the leaked document, but tells Nature signals
of the kind reported in the memo show up quite frequently in the course
of data analysis and are later falsified after more detailed scrutiny.
“Only official ATLAS results, i.e. results that have undergone all the
necessary scientific checks by the Collaboration, should be taken
seriously,” she says.
So my readers probably noticed the fact that this blog just stopped mid-February, without any explanation.
Life in our local part of the universe was substantially more chaotic than usual.
World wide protests, devastating natural disasters, nuclear fears, war, and us just trying to go about our day to day lives, buying a home, securing funding, getting sick, planning a wedding, all the while not looking at what was sitting just out of the corner of our eyes.
When the world is in crisis, physics doesn’t stop, science doesn’t stop.
Wars, famine, the need to rebuild – all of these are actually great motivators for researchers.
Unfortunately, most of us aren’t in fields that can actually offer anything close to intellectual assistance during these times.
There is a strange and sad fact about this planet and the animals that inhabit it though, and that is that there is always some part of the world that is in crisis.
If we took a pause every time something unimaginable to us happened, very little would ever get done.
Nevertheless, I paused.
To get back into things, here’s about a months worth of reading – there should be two other posts out later this week (back to some more serious blogging too).
gives us some updates on the
or have we ?), a silly paper on , another success for , a , a new , a long overdue , and a .
Lots of news from CERN and Fermilab in , including the , the , a
at the CMS, , the much hyped results of , and using a .
Finally in
we get a lesson on , a curious experiment , an introduction to , an update on the , an absurd paper on , and an essay from the .
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
By Posted:
Posts here will re-commence this week.
So I’ve been remiss in my reading lately, but here are my picks from the past few weeks.
We have , , , , , , and .
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Since I didn’t have the time to put together another Valentine’s Day special, like last year’s ““, you get ‘Colour Your Own Physics Valentine’s Day Cards’ for all occasions:
The romantic
Valentine:
The platonic
Valentine:
And finally, the awkward and sexual
Valentine:
Happy Valentine’s Day
, , , , , ,
By Posted:
Just a l I’m scrambling with deadlines right now.
Astrophysics and Gravitation:
New Most Distance Galaxy Candidate Found
For more, see .
Bayesian Model to Determine Size of the Universe
Black Hole – Dark Matter Correlation? Nope.
High Energy Physics and Particles:
Measurement of the Muon Lifetime and Determination of the Fermi Constant
General Relativity, Quantum Gravity, et al.:
Virtual Black Holes in Hyperbolic Metamaterials
Gravity as a Diffeomorphism Invariant Gauge Theory
From today’s :
Geneva, 31 January 2011. CERN today announced that the LHC will run through to the end of 2012 with a
short technical stop at the end of 2011. The beam energy for 2011 will
be 3.5 TeV. This decision, taken by CERN management following the annual
planning workshop held in Chamonix last week and a report delivered
today by the laboratory’s machine advisory committee, gives the LHC’s
experiments a good chance of finding new physics in the next two years,
before the LHC goes into a long shutdown to prepare for higher energy
running starting 2014.
The LHC was previously scheduled to run to the end 2011 before going
into a long technical stop necessary to prepare it for running at its
full design energy of 7 TeV per beam. However, the machine’s excellent
performance in its first full year of operation forced a rethink.
Expected performance improvements in 2011 should increase the rate that
the experiments can collect data by at least a factor of three compared
to 2010. That would lead to enough data being collected this year to
bring tantalising hints of new physics, if there is new physics
currently within reach of the LHC operating at its current energy.
However, to turn those hints into a discovery would require more data
than can be delivered in one year, hence the decision to postpone the
long shutdown. If there is no new physics in the energy range currently
being explored by the LHC, running through 2012 will give the LHC
experiments the data needed to fully explore this energy range before
moving up to higher energy.
Phenomenally beautiful math was the main highlight of this week, I’d say, although none of it for the very faint of heart.
The , , , and
on noncommutative space(times):
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Credit: Emory and Ken Ono
So this isn’t physics*, but if you squint hard enough, you can probably make a connection.
The hot topic today is ‘s latest work on the partition function:
Ken Ono & Jan Bruinier (2011).
American Institute of Mathematics.
A EurekAlert press release appeared today, entitled:
and people are already whispering “Fields Medal”. Now, I haven’t thoroughly read the paper yet, but, since I’m not a number theorist, my commentary probably won’t change very much anyway.
Obviously, like most press releases, this one is full of hyperbole and ridiculous sentences like, “the team was determined go beyond mere theories”, but the actual work being discussed is fascinating.
, , , , , , ,
Blog Categories
Recent Posts
Latest PLoG posts in The Language of Bad Physics in The Language of Bad Physics in The Language of Bad Physics in The Language of Bad Physics in The Language of Bad Physics
PLOS Blogs Network
Latest network posts in The Language of Bad Physics in The Language of Bad Physics in The Language of Bad Physics in The Language of Bad Physics in The Language of Bad Physics
by Drug price hikes: revolt on the way? Also, the Pope, climate change, and a super eclipse |
in On Science Blogs by Marleen Susman in DNA Science Blog by John Soto in Neuroanthropology by Tristian Lopez in Neuroanthropology by Meredith in Mind the Brain by Syed in The Official PLOS Blog by Twitter Open Access Report – 24 September 2015 | in The Official PLOS Blog by The Global Gold Open Access “Flip”: A Realistic Plan or Magical Thinking? | The Scholarly Kitchen in The Official PLOS Blog by James Coyne PhD in Mind the BrainShould Bad Language Be Taught in an English Class_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
Should Bad Language Be Taught in an English Class
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用
想免费下载本文?
你可能喜欢50 Bible Verses about
Using Bad Language
ESV / 701 helpful votes
Not Helpful
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
ESV / 452 helpful votes
Not Helpful
Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.
ESV / 356 helpful votes
Not Helpful
It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what co this defiles a person.&
ESV / 304 helpful votes
Not Helpful
But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth. Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator.
ESV / 175 helpful votes
Not Helpful
&You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.
ESV / 158 helpful votes
Not Helpful
What man is there who desires life and loves many days, that he may see good? Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking deceit. Turn away f seek peace and pursue it.
ESV / 146 helpful votes
Not Helpful
Put away from you crooked speech, and put devious talk far from you.
ESV / 112 helpful votes
Not Helpful
Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness. For we all stumble in many ways. And if anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle his whole body. If we put bits into the mouths of horses so that they obey us, we guide their whole bodies as well. Look at the ships also: though they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are guided by a very small rudder wherever the will of the pilot directs. So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great things. How great a forest is set ablaze by such a small fire! ...
ESV / 111 helpful votes
Not Helpful
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
ESV / 86 helpful votes
Not Helpful
The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life, but the mouth of the wicked conceals violence.
ESV / 80 helpful votes
Not Helpful
For lack of wood the fire goes out, and where there is no whisperer, quarreling ceases.
ESV / 76 helpful votes
Not Helpful
The one who conceals hatred has lying lips, and whoever utters slander is a fool.
ESV / 75 helpful votes
Not Helpful
Better is a poor person who walks in his integrity than one who is crooked in speech and is a fool.
ESV / 72 helpful votes
Not Helpful
I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak,
ESV / 70 helpful votes
Not Helpful
Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.
ESV / 67 helpful votes
Not Helpful
Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble.
ESV / 53 helpful votes
Not Helpful
Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future.
ESV / 53 helpful votes
Not Helpful
Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense.
ESV / 50 helpful votes
Not Helpful
A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver.
ESV / 48 helpful votes
Not Helpful
Be not quick in your spirit to become angry, for anger lodges in the bosom of fools.
ESV / 47 helpful votes
Not Helpful
When words are many, transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent.
ESV / 45 helpful votes
Not Helpful
The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.
ESV / 45 helpful votes
Not Helpful
An evildoer listens to wicked lips, and a liar gives ear to a mischievous tongue.
ESV / 44 helpful votes
Not Helpful
The wise lay up knowledge, but the mouth of a fool brings ruin near.
ESV / 41 helpful votes
Not Helpful
The tongue of the righte the heart of the wicked is of little worth.
ESV / 36 helpful votes
Not Helpful
And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the entire course of life, and set on fire by hell.
ESV / 36 helpful votes
Not Helpful
Be not rash with your mouth, nor let your heart be hasty to utter a word before God, for God is in heaven and you are on earth. Therefore let your words be few.
ESV / 35 helpful votes
Not Helpful
Whoever restrains his words has knowledge, and he who has a cool spirit is a man of understanding.
ESV / 35 helpful votes
Not Helpful
The lips of the righteous feed many, but fools die for lack of sense.
ESV / 34 helpful votes
Not Helpful
As it is written: &None is righteous, no, no one seeks for God. A together they h no one does good, not even one.& &Their thr they use their tongues to deceive.& &The venom of asps is under their lips.& &Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.& ...
ESV / 34 helpful votes
Not Helpful
The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable, but the mouth of the wicked, what is perverse.
ESV / 33 helpful votes
Not Helpful
To speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.
ESV / 33 helpful votes
Not Helpful
A man of wrath stirs up strife, and one given to anger causes much transgression.
ESV / 31 helpful votes
Not Helpful
The heart of the wise makes his speech judicious and adds persuasiveness to his lips.
ESV / 29 helpful votes
Not Helpful
Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.
ESV / 27 helpful votes
Not Helpful
If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.
ESV / 27 helpful votes
Not Helpful
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love love do it is not arrogant or rude. It does not i it is not ir ...
ESV / 27 helpful votes
Not Helpful
H let curses come upon him! He did not may it be far from him! He clothed himself with may it soak into his body like water, like oil into his bones! May it be like a garment that he wraps around him, like a belt that he puts on every day!
ESV / 25 helpful votes
Not Helpful
In the pride of his face the wick all his thoughts are, &There is no God.& His ways
your judgments are on high, as for all his foes, he puffs at them. He says in his heart, &I throughout all generations I shall not meet adversity.& His mouth is filled with cursing and d under his tongue are mischief and iniquity. He sits in am in hiding places he murders the innocent. His eyes stealthily wa ...
ESV / 24 helpful votes
Not Helpful
Let not your mouth lead you into sin, and do not say before the messenger that it was a mistake. Why should God be angry at your voice and destroy the work of your hands?
ESV / 23 helpful votes
Not Helpful
Y you satisfy the desire of every living thing. The Lord is righteous in all his ways and kind in all his works. The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desire o he also hears their cry and saves them. The Lord preserves all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy. ...
ESV / 19 helpful votes
Not Helpful
But avoid irreverent babble, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness,
ESV / 19 helpful votes
Not Helpful
You brood of vipers! How can you speak good, when you are evil? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
ESV / 16 helpful votes
Not Helpful
For &Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips
ESV / 14 helpful votes
Not Helpful
Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? This is he who came by water and blood&Jesus C not by the water only but by the water and the blood. And the Spirit is the one who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. For there are three that testify: the Spirit and the and these three agree. If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater, for this is the testimony of God that he has borne concerning his Son.
ESV / 14 helpful votes
Not Helpful
Abstain from every form of evil.
ESV / 10 helpful votes
Not Helpful
As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, &Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?& Jesus answered, &It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him. We must work the works of him who sen night is coming, when no one can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.& ...
ESV / 9 helpful votes
Not Helpful
There are doubtless many different languages in the world, and none is without meaning,
ESV / 9 helpful votes
Not Helpful
The helpless are crushed, sink down, and fall by his might. He says in his heart, &God has forgotten, he has hidden his face, he will never see it.& Arise, O Lord; O God, forget not the afflicted. Why does the wicked renounce God and say in his heart, &You will not call to account&? But you do see, for you note mischief and vexation, that you may tak to you the help you have been the helper of the fatherless. ...
ESV / 7 helpful votes
Not Helpful
And some of the bystanders hearing it said, &Behold, he is calling Elijah.&
Suggest a Verse
Enter a Verse Reference (e.g., John 3:16-17)
online to search for words if you don&t know the specific passage your&re looking for.

我要回帖

更多关于 新概念第三册摘要写作 的文章

随机推荐