Copyright Status
Public domain in the USA.
1908 downloads in the last 30 days.
Download This eBook
//www.gutenberg.org/files/-h/18251-h.htm
//www.gutenberg.org/files/-h/index.html
//www.gutenberg.org/files/-h/simple.html
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content=".2 MB
//www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/18251.epub.noimages?session_id=057b38d0c6ffcbd5beb795e3287c56
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content="6 kB
//www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/18251.kindle.noimages?session_id=057b38d0c6ffcbd5beb795e3287c56
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content=".4 MB
//www.gutenberg.org/files/-0.txt
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content="2 kB
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/18251/
Enter your search terms separated by spaces,
then press &Enter&.
Avoid punctuation except as indicated below:
exact match
Always put spaces around these.
this query
shakespeare hamlet
"Hamlet" by Shakespeare
"qui", not "Quixote"
love stories
love stories
a.shakespeare
by Shakespeare
s.shakespeare
about Shakespeare
ebook no. 74
juvenile l.german
juvenile lit in German
verne ( l.fr | l.it )
by Verne in French or Italian
love stories ! austen
love stories not by Austen
jane austen cat.audio
audio books by Jane AustenCatullus, Poem 64 The Wedding of Peleus and Thetis
Translation copyright 1997 by Thomas Banks.
(At the bottom of this file you will find a , and in a separate file there is .)
&&&&&Pines, progeny of Mount
summit, once swam, it's said, through
clear waves to the breakers of , to King ' borders, when the chosen , oaks of
youth, 5 yearning to carry from
the Golden Fleece, dared run salt swells in a swift ship, churned azure billows with firm oar blades. , divine, who sustains their high citadels, herself made that chariot fly with light breeze, 10 weaving pine fabric to curved keel. &&&&&This ship's voyage left first mark on naive . No sooner did it split the windy tide with its prow, whiten with froth the waves roiled by its oarage, than faces emerged from the ocean's white eddy-- 15 , the sea-nymphs, wondering at the marvel. On that dawn, if ever, mortal eyes saw them: the ocean goddesses, bare-bodied, rising breast-high from the gray-white eddy. Then was , they say, inflamed with love for , 20 then did Thetis not scorn to wed a human, then did Father
know: Peleus to Thetis must be joined. &&&&&O heroes, born in a greatly yearned-for time of the world! O hail, you offspring of gods, fine progeny of fine mothers, and hail again! Yes, it's you I'll often summon in my song, 25 and you, , pillar of , so marked and upraised by auspicious wedding torches:
himself, begetter of gods, yielded his darling to you. Did Thetis, most beautiful daughter of , cleave to you? Did
yield her granddaughter in marriage to you? 30 Did grandfather , who wraps the whole world with his sea? &&&&& &&&&&As soon as the yearned-for day had come, the waiting over, all
gathers to crowd ' household. His palace fills with the rejoicing throng. They hold high their presents, their joy lights their faces. 35 Emptied is .
they leave, the valley of , the homes of ,
they meet. They crowd the Pharsalian hall. Not one tends farmland. The necks of bullocks grow soft. No hunched hoes clear low grapevine stem of weeds. 40 No ox turns turf into clods with leaning plowshare. No hooked saw of pruners thins tree shade. Rust scales grow over abandoned plows. But bridegroom ' palace, where one royal hall opens into the next and the next, shines with gleaming gold and silver. 45 Thrones glow white with ivory. Goblets shimmer on table. The whole mansion, radiant, rejoices with the wealth of kings. There, in palace center, stands the goddess' wedding bed, bright white with Indic ivory, its cover colored crimson by dye, rose-red, from the shells of the sea. &&&&& 50 &&&&&This cloth, adorned with humanity's pristine images, shows with stunning art the greatness of heroes. Yes, looking out from the surf-booming shore of island -- at
departing with his swift fleet--is gazing , carrying uncontrollable rage in her heart. 55 Not yet does she believe she sees what she sees-- since she, just then first aroused from treacherous sleep, discovers herself abandoned, pitiful, on lonely sand. Yet, unmindful, the youth pushes the
leaving his worthless word to the laughing gale. 60 The
girl, at seaweed's edge, stares far, far out at him with suffering eyes. Like a
stone statue she stares out-- how sad!--and she swirls in great billows of hurt: blond hair not in place under delicate scarf, bosom not covered by thin outer dress, 65 milk-white breasts not bound under smooth inner dress. All cloth, from her whole body fallen, the salt tide sports with at her feet. But not then for the fate of her scarf, not then for her swirling dress does she care, : with all her heart, with all her spirit, 70 with all her mind the forlorn girl needs you. Ah, poor girl, with what ceaseless griefs rough
threw you down. She sowed in your heart the nettles of hurt on that day--from that day--when fierce Theseus left the curved shores of , Athenian harbor, 75 and reached the
palace of unjust King . &&&&&Once, they say, King ' Athens was forced by cruel plague to pay the price for ' murder: was accustomed to give chosen youths and the loveliness of unwed maids together as feast for the . 80 Since his narrow city walls were shaken by these evils, Theseus himself, for the sake of his dear Athenians, yearned to put forth his own body, rather than let such living dead of ' land be borne to . Thus, then, firm in the light ship, in gentle breezes, 85 he came to proud
and his haughty palace. No sooner did Princess
gaze at him with glowing eye-- she whom her chaste little bed that sighed sweet scents had raised in her mother's soft embrace (scents like the myrtles the streams of River
engender 90 or like the spectrum of colors the spring breeze brings forth)-- no sooner did she lower from him her incandescent eyes than she conceived throughout her body a flame, and totally, to the center of her bones, she burned. Alas, while you stirred her pitiful ragings with a pitiless heart, 95 O divine Cupid, boy who mixes humans' joys with hurts, and you, Venus, who reign over the
and leafy , on what billows you tossed the girl, her mind aflame, sighing over and over for her blond guest! How great the fears she bore in her barely beating heart, 100 how much paler than the gleam of gold she turned&&&&& when he, desiring to battle the fierce Minotaur, sought either death or the rewards of honor. &&&&&She, not displeasingly to the gods, but still in vain, put forth her little offerings, lit her votives, silent-lipped. 105 Just as on the peak of Mount
the untameable tornado, twisting with its blast the strength of the limb-tossing oak, or of the cone-bearing, pitch-oozing pine, wrenches it out, and strewn far and from the root it falls headlong, shattering anything in its way, 110 even thus did Theseus fell the beast, its body tamed, goring its horns through empty winds to no avail. Safe, then, and in high honor, he reversed himself. He guided his wandering steps with Ariadne's thin thread so that, as he left labyrinthine bends, 115 invisible deception would not delude him. &&&&&Why, though, would I depart from my poem's first theme to describe still more... to describe how the daughter left behind her sire's gaze, her sister's embrace, and at last her mother's (the mother rejoicing so futilely in her poor child)-- 120 how over all these Ariadne chose the sweet love of Theseus? Or how she came by ship to Island
surf and shore? Or how her husband, going away with a heedless heart, left her while her bright eyes were conquered by sleep? Many times she, insane, they say, from her burning passion 125 poured out words that howled fr that she in her sadness would then climb the steep mountains to extend her gaze across the huge se that then she ran out to the incoming waves of the shimmering salt sea, lifting soft skirts above her bare calves, 130 pitiful, and make her last accusations her face wet, fighting shivering sobs. &&&&&&So you've left me--you traitor! Me, taken from my family altars--you traitor! On a deserted beach! Theseus! So you go away, the power of the gods ignored, 135 heedless--ah, accursed the false promises you are bringing home. Could no fact bend your cruel mind's plan? Was there no mercy in you at all --vicious!--so your heart might pity me? But this isn't what you once promised me 140 with your seductive voice. You didn't urge me to hope for this! You said a happy marriage! You said our longed-for wedding! All of those mockeries the wind and air are shredding. From now on let no woman believe a man's sworn promises. From now on let no woman hope a man's talk is true. 145 So long as their desiring minds are eager to get something, they swear to anything. No promise do they spare . But as soon as the lust in their desirous intent is gratified, they remember nothing they said, they care nothing for their lies. &&&&&&Naturally I saved you, when you were involved in the center 150 of death's tornado. I decided to lose my own brother before I'd let you down in your ultimate crisis--you liar. In return for that, I'm given to the beasts and birds to be torn apart: carrion, without burial, without even the ritual handful of earth. What lioness was it that birthed you beneath a desert cliff? 155 What sea spat your fetus forth from its foaming waves? What quicksand ? What snatching ? What monstrous ?--you giving gifts like these in return for sweet life! If our wedding was not to your heart's liking because you shied from a stern father's principles, 160 well, you still could have brought me into your palace to be a household slave for you in welcome labor, to soothe your white soles with clear spring waters, to spread your bed with crimson cover. &&&&&&But why do I, prostrated by evil, complain vainly to unknowing 165 winds which, not gifted with senses, cannot hear or answer the words I send? But that man by now involves himself in the middle of the sea. There's no human in sight on this empty beach. Savage luck, all too triumphant in my last hour, 170 begrudges ears for my wailings. All-powerful Jupiter, how I wish from the start the Athenian ships had never touched the Cretan shores! That the traitorous sailor, bringing deadly payment to Minos' untamed bull, had never tied his mooring on Crete! 175 That this bad man hiding cruel plans under his sweet appearance had never rested in our palace--a guest! But where am I to go? Doomed, what sort of hope do I hold to? Am I to try for the
mountains of Crete? No, severing me by wide abyss, the nasty swell of the sea comes between. 180 Am I to hope for father's help, when I myself left him and followed a young man spattered with my brother's gore? Am I to console myself with my husband's faithful love-- the one who is running away, arching lithe oars in the abyss? So then: a lone island, planted with no shelter. 185 No passage away from sea lies open, since the waves surround. There's no idea of escape, no hope. All is mute. All is empty. All points to extinction. Yet my eyes will not cloud in death, feeling will not leave my exhausted body, 190 before I--betrayed!--demand just vengeance by the gods and entreat the good faith of those above in my last hour. Therefore, you that punish with avenging price men's crimes, , , whose brows, bound with serpents for tresses, announce the rages of your panting chests, 195 Be here! Be here! Respond to my complaints which I--pitiful I--am forced to bring out from my very bones, helpless, burning, blind with mindless rage. Since those are true-born from my deepest heart, do not allow my suffering to gutter out. 200 Goddesses, may the same intent that left me behind, alone, defile Theseus himself and his own with death.& &&&&& After she poured out these words from her aching heart-- demanding, though scared, punishment for savage crimes-- the ruler of gods, with his unconquerable godhead, 205 nodded assent. With that nod the earth and the rough sea shook. The cosmos brandished flaming meteors. &&&&& &&&&&Then great Theseus, with blinding smoke planted in his mind, dropped from his forgetful heart all orders which before he had held in constant mind. 210 He did not raise for his sad
the sweet symbols to show that he called safe at ' port. &&&&&For they say that once, as
entrusted to the winds his child who was leaving goddess Athena's walls by ship, he embraced the young man and gave him these orders. 215 &&&&&&My only child and more pleasure to me by far than life, child that I'm forced to send into uncertain perils, child only now come back at the last of my old age: Since my luck, and your hot bravery, snatch you from me against my will--my dimming eyes not yet 220 filled with my son's dear form--&&&&& not rejoicing with happy heart shall I send you, nor shall I let you carry symbols of favorable luck, but first I shall wring from my heart many laments, befoul my white hair with earth and the pouring of dust. 225 Then I shall hang stained sails from the swaying mast, as what befits my griefs and torched intent is linen sailcloth dark with rust-red
dye. But if Athena, templed at holy , who before has nodded assent to defend our lineage and the throne of , 230 grants you may splatter your right arm with the blood of the bull, then see that these orders stay strong, secured in your mindful heart, and let no span of time blot them out. Immediately when your eyes look again on our hills, let your yard-arms lower the cloth defiled with mourning, 235 let the twisted ropes raise sails gleaming white so with happy heart I may discern my joy as soon as it can be, when a fortunate time will bring you restored from exile.& &&&&&These orders left Theseus--though he'd held them before in constant mind--as clouds beaten by the blast of the winds 240 leave a snow-capped mountain's airy summit. His father, seeking a glimpse from the top of the citadel, using up his worried eyes in endless weeping, no sooner spotted the cloth of the wind-filled sail, than he threw himself headlong from the height of the cliff, 245 believing Theseus lost to pitiless fate. &&&&&Thus fierce Theseus, entering the halls of his father's house now stained with death, received for himself the sort of grief he had brought with unmindful heart to the
girl. She, then, pitifully looking out at the receding boat, 250 wounded, was spinning convoluted cares in her mind. &&&&& &&&&&Then came swooping from somewhere
in his prime with his cult of , with his mountain-born , seeking you, Ariadne, aflame with love for you. Then too came raving, quick and everywhere, molten of mind, 255 with a &Bacchus!& the , with a &Bacchus!& convulsing their heads. Some brandished ivy spears with leafy points. Some tossed pieces of a ripped-apart bullock. Some wreathed themselves with coiled snakes. Some with deep baskets were celebrating mysterious rites, 260 rites that the uninitiate desire in vain to hear. Others were striking drums, their palms raised high or were stirring shrill chimes with polished brass cymbals. Horns were blowing hoarse blasts from many mouths and primitive flutes squealed a bristling tune. &&&&& &&&&& 265 &&&&&The cloth, decorated richly with images like these, embraced the wedding couch, veiled it like a garment. After the youth of
were satiated with examining it desirously, they began to yield place to the holy gods. Now, as when the western wind, , rippling the calm sea 270 with his morning breeze, stirs up steep waves as
rises up at the threshhold of the journeying sun, and they, driven slowly at first by a peaceful wind, go onward, and chuckles sound softly in their splash, and after, when the wind rises, they become stouter, stouter, 275 and swimming afar they gleam with a crimson light, even so then did those leaving the regal entrance hall depart, each one, for his own home, by his roaming path. &&&&& &&&&&After their departure, first came the god from the summit of : , carrying woodland gifts. Whatever blossoms the fields bear, 280 or that the face of
creates in its great mountains, or that the west wind's fruitful breeze makes grow along the waves of a stream, these he brought, woven in mixed garlands. The house, suffused with their happy scent, smiled. Promptly present is , river-god, leaving 285
green valley, which the woods surround and overhang, to be feted by choruses of . He was not empty-handed: he brought tall beeches, roots and all. Lofty laurels of straight trunk...and not without the nodding plane tree, the supple poplar 290 (sister of burned ) and the sky's cypress. These he planted, widely patterned, around the palace to make green the entrance hall veiled in soft boughs. Following him comes as companion clever-hearted , bearing the faded scars 295 of the old punishment that he once received, his limbs bound to the flint rock by chain as he hung from the rugged escarpment. Then the arrived with his holy consort and children. In the sky he left behind only you, , 300 and your , who cherishes the mountains of . For your sister, like you, scorned Peleus and did not wish to fete the wedding torches of Thetis. &&&&&When they'd relaxed their limbs on snow-white ivory thrones the tables were laid high with a feast of many courses. 305 Meanwhile, with the tremors of age in their infirm bodies, the --the three Fates--began to give out their songs of truth. A garment bright white all round draped their trembling bodies, and circled their ankles with a crimson hem. Rose ribbons were set at the snowy summits of their heads. 310 Their hands moved in the ritual of their eternal task. The left held back the distaff wrapped in soft wool, then the right, nimbly drawing out threads, shaped them-- palms up--on the fingers, then--palms down--spinning with thumb whirled the spindle balanced on polished whorl. 315 All the while a nipping bite would smooth the work: bits of wool that once had protruded from the smooth thread clung to their dry, thin lips. Before their white-clad feet, look, wicker baskets guarded soft fleeces of wool. 320 Plucking from these fleeces, then, in clear-sounding tones they poured forth in song these prophecies, a song no later age shall convict of falsehood: &&&&& &&&&&&O you that magnify high glory with your greatness, the preservation of
wealth, most renowned for your son, 325 receive what the sisters reveal this bright day, their oracle of truth. And you, O spindles the fates follow, spindles, run on, drawing threads for the weft, run on! &&&&& &&&&&&The evening star will arrive for you soon, bringing what grooms yearn for. Your wife will arrive with that auspicious star 330 to suffuse your mind with heart-melting love,&&&&& to make ready to join with you in sweet languid sleep, laying her light arms beneath your strong neck. Spindles, run on, drawing threads for the weft, run on! &&&&& &&&&&&No home has ever sheltered such love, 335 no love has conjoined lovers with such a bond as the concord now here for Thetis, here for Peleus. Spindles, run on, drawing threads for the weft, run on! &&&&& &&&&&&There will be born for you one devoid of fear: , known to his enemies not by his back but by his brave chest, 340 who, so often a victor in the shifting battle, will outstrip in swift sprints the burning tracks of the deer. Spindles, run on, drawing threads for the weft, run on! &&&&& &&&&&&No hero will compare himself to that one in war when the Trojan fields run with Trojan blood 345 and after beseiging Trojan walls in long war the third heir of perjured
will lay it waste. Spindles, run on, drawing threads for the weft, run on! &&&&& &&&&&&That man's spectacular greatness and brilliant deeds mothers will often admit at their children's funerals 350 when they will tear at the unkempt white hair of their heads and bruise their fallen breasts with their infirm palms. Spindles, run on, drawing threads for the weft, run on! &&&&& &&&&&&For just as the reaper, grasping necks of thick wheat, mows down golden fields under the burning sun, 355 he will fell the bodies of the Trojan-born with deadly iron. Spindles, run on, drawing threads for the weft, run on! &&&&& &&&&&&Witness to his high greatness will be
wave which is scattered everywhere by the rapid . Choking its flow with heaps of cut-down corpses 360 he will warm its deep currents with jumbled slaughter. Spindles, run on, drawing threads for the weft, run on! &&&&& &&&&&&Witness at last will be the indemnity paid to his death when a rounded pyre, piled to a towering heap, receives the snowy limbs of a stabbed maiden. 365 Spindles, run on, drawing threads for the weft, run on! &&&&& &&&&&&For as soon as fortune will grant the exhausted
the means to open the -built walls of Troy, high tombs will grow wet with
slaughter when she, like a sacrificed animal bending to the two-headed iron, 370 will spill, bent-kneed, her lopped torso. Spindles, run on, drawing threads for the weft, run on! &&&&& &&&&&&Therefore, go on, conjoin your heart's yearned-for love. Let the husband receive the goddess in happy bond, let the bride be given to the long-desirous groom. 375 Spindles, run on, drawing threads for the weft, run on! &&&&& &&&&&&When her nanny goes to her at the dawning light 377 to circle with tonight's necklace a virgin's neck--she can't. 379 Nor will her mother be worried, be sad, for a quarreling 380 daughter who sleeps alone, and give up hope of dear grandsons. Spindles, run on, drawing threads for the weft, run on!& &&&&& &&&&&Making such prophecies, the Parcae once sang for Peleus auspicious songs from their divine heart. &&&&& &&&&&Those who dwell in the sky were then accustomed 385 to visit in person the pure homes of heroes, to show themselves to mortal assemblage--devotion not yet being scorned. Often the
visiting on festal days when yearly rites arrived, observed in a gleaming temple a hundred bulls sink to the ground in sacrifice. 390 Often roaming
led from the highest peak of
his Bacchantes chanting &Bacchus!&, their hair flowing when, rushing in rivalry from the whole city, Delphians happily receive the god with smoking altars. Often in the death-bringing struggle of war,
395 or , ruler of the swift river Triton, or
in person urged on the armed hordes of men. &&&&& &&&&&But after the earth was stained with unspeakable crime and all chased justice from their desirous minds, and brothers suffused their hands with brother's blood, 400 and son abandoned mourning of dead parents, and father yearned for funeral of eldest son to freely to own the springtime of a daughter-in-law unwed, and godless mother lay herself beneath unknowing son and, godless, did not fear to pollute the gods of hearth and home: 405 then all things speakable, unspeakable, jumbled in evil madness, turned the gods' mind of justice away from us. &&&&& &&&&&Therefore they do not deign to visit such throngs nor allow themselves to be touched by day's bright light.
Note: If you want to find out more about any of these people or places, you might try looking them up in
&or Argos:
(Use * for substring searches in Argos. Plat* will return entries for Plato, Platonism, Platonic, etc.)
Achaean Greek () Achilles Son of
and , mightiest Greek warrior at Troy () () Ae&tes King of , owner of the Golden Fleece, father of Medea and
() () Aegeus King of Athens, father of
() () Agamemnon Leader of the Greek expedition against Troy () () Amphitrit& W thus queen of the sea () Androgeos Son of K killed by Athenians () () Argive Greek () A Argonauts T its crew. Went in quest of the Golden Fleece. () Ariadne Daughter of King
of Cnossus, on Crete (; ) () Athena Roman Minerva. Goddess of wisdom and crafts, defender of cities () Aurora Dawn () Bacchante A female devot&e of
(; ) Bacchus Dionysus, god of ecstatic emotion and ritual () Cecrops A legendary king of Athens () () Charybdis A monster who swallowed sailors () Chiron A centaur, teacher of
() Cieros City in
() Colchis Land of the Golden Fleece, at the far eastern end of the Black Sea () Crannon Athens () Crete Large island in the Mediterranean, south of mainland Greece () Dia Another name for the island Naxos, one of the Cyclades (; ) Doris Ocean goddess, mother of the , wife of
( () Erechtheus A legendary king of Athens (; ) () Eumenides The Furies, avengers of crimes against kindred blood () Eurotas River near Sparta in Greece () Father of Gods Jupiter, king of the gods (; ) Furies Avengers of blood crimes () Golgi A suitably distant and exotic people () Hellespont Strait linking the Aegean Sea to the Sea of Marmara at Troy and thence to the Black Sea () Iberia Modern Spain ( Ida Mountain in
() Idalium Mountain on the island Cyprus sacred to
() Idrus Area in Asia Minor where
was long worshipped () Itonus Greek city northeast of Athens () Jupiter King of the gods (; ) Larisa Town in
(northern Greece) ) Liber Bacchus, Dionysus, god of ecstatic dance and intoxication () Macedonian Macedonia is north of
in Greece. () Mars God of war () Minerva Greek Athena. Goddess of wisdom and crafts, defender of cities () Minoan Coming from Cnossus, the capital city of King '
() Minoan girl Ariadne, daughter of King
and Pasipha& () () Minos King of , husband of , father of
and . () () Minotaur Half-man, half-bull mons offspring of a bull and
half-brother) () () Mount Pelion Mountain in
that supplied wood for the
(; ) Mount Taurus Mountain in Asia Minor () Mycenae Chief city of Greece in the Bronze (Heroic) Age Naiads Minor deities, nymphs of the fresh water () Nemesis Goddess who punishes insolent injustice () Neptune God of the sea (; ) Nereids Sea-nymphs, fifty divine daughters of
( () Nereus The Old Man of the Sea, father of, e.g.,
() () Oceanus God of the ocean, husband of
() () Parcae The three Fates, who spin, measure, and cut the thread of one's life () Parnassus Mountain over Apollo's shrine at Delphi in Greece () Pasipha& Wife to King
of , mother to , , Phaedra, and the
() Peleus ; a king in
( &; &) ()& Pelops Lied in order to obtain a wife (and her father's kingdom); grandfather of (his third heir)
() () Peneius A river god, father of Daphne. She was chased with lustful violence by
but escaped him by becoming a laurel tree. () Pha&thon He rashly insisted on driving the Sun chariot of his father (); was destroyed by Jupiter's thunder bolt () Pharsalus Town in
() Phasis River near
that flows into the Black Sea () Phoebus Apollo, god of the sun, prophecy, lyre, archer' twin brother of Diana () Phthiotis
town, site of ' home, birthplace of
() Piraeus Port of Athens () Polyxena A daughter of King Priam and Queen Hecuba of Troy () () Prometheus A Titan, creator of human beings, punished by
for stealing fire to aid his creatures () Scylla A sea monster who preys on sailors () Satyr Rowdy anthropoid but horse-tailed follower of
() Scamander River of Troy. See Book 22 of the Iliad for the allusion. () Silenus Fat, bald, ever- plural is Sileni () Syrtis Dangerous reefs off the Mediterranean coast of Africa &() Taurus Mountain in Asia Minor () Temp& Valley in , proverbial for its beauty (; ) Tethys Goddess of the ocean, wife of
() () Theseus Son of , king of Athens (; ) () Thessaly North-central Greece (; ; ) Thetis A , wife of , mother of
( ) () Venus Goddess of love and sexual passion () Zephyrus The west wind, bringer of good weather ()
Genealogical Table I: Achilles
(50 Nereids)
Genealogical Table II: The Kings of Athens to Theseus
Erichthonius
Erechtheus
Pandion II
(Metionids)
Genealogical Table III: Ariadne
Bull from the Sea
Genealogical Table IV: The House of Troy at the Trojan War
Andromache
&Cassandra&
&Polyxena&
Genealogical Table V: The House of Atreus to the Trojan War
Hippodameia
Aegistheus
Clytemnestra
Permission is hereby granted to distribute for classroom use, provided that both the translator and Diotima are identified in any such use. Other uses not authorized in writing by the translator or in accord with fair use policy are expressly prohibited.

我要回帖

更多关于 朴素妍 love poem 的文章

随机推荐