get a real rubbish是什么意思h

Barcelona's Dani Alves insists team-mate Lionel Messi has more of an influence on a game than Cristiano Ronaldo.
Danilo has completed his £23m move to join Real Madrid from Porto.
As Wales make the world's top 10, we look at how Gareth Bale is driving his nation to new heights.
Spain international Daniel Carvajal has signed a five-year contract extension with Real Madrid.
Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas is "enthusiastic" over an offer from Porto, according to his agent.
Manchester United target Sergio Ramos has told Spanish television that he is "not negotiating with anyone".
Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta says he can't see rivals Real Madrid letting Sergio Ramos leave.
Teddy Sheringham says Manchester United require something “extra special” if they are to mount a title challenge next season.1-20 CCADC ADDBA BDBCA DBBCD 1. 答案&&& C?解析&&&这是一篇夹叙夹议的文章。作者介绍了他第一次工作的经历给他以后的生活和工作带来了很大的影响。这里表示作者的父亲在一个商场“租”(rent)了个地方,这从第二段出现的“...gave Dad a& 3& on his rent...”可知答案为C项。其他几个选项不符合文意。2. 答案&&&& C?解析&&&从下文中的“Mr.Ben’s Coiffure”可知这是理发店的名字,而不是标志或招牌,所以A、 B、D不对。3. 答案&&& A?3. 解析&&&从后面清理停车场可知,商场的主人应是为作者父亲的这一做法给他应付的租金“打折”,而不应是惩罚,所以D项不对;B、C含义不对。4. 答案&& D?解析&&从下文中的“...which meant getting up at 3 am.”和最后一段的“...I have never forgotten those nights in the parking lot.”可判断出答案。5. 答案&&& C?解析&&&根据宾语rubbish及下文的“...picked up& litter by hand.”可知答案。其他选项与文意不符。?6. 答案&&&& A?解析&&&&他们是在清理垃圾,自然是把垃圾桶倒空 (empty),所以A项正确,其他选项不合文意。7.答案&&& D?解析&&这里用的是It takes (sb.) some time to do sth.这一固定句型。8. 答案&&& D?解析&&&从上文“...getting up at 3 am.”可知他们是夜间干活,所以干完活后作者应该是感到困,所以是在车里睡觉。短文中没有提到作者干活不高兴的事,所以A、C不对;B项不合文意。9.答案&&& B?解析&&&根据“I did this for two years...”和“...I learned there have lasted a lifetime.”可判断用连词but。10. 答案&&& A?解析&&&这里表示作者获得了强烈的职业道德,而不是喜欢或者想要。acquire获得。11. 答案&&&& B?解析&&&这里表示作者在小时候通过做这些活儿,了解到了平衡生活中各种利益的重要性,所以B项正确。12. 答案&&& D?解析&&句意为:这种经历在我高中毕业那年对我起了帮助作用。work奏效,有效果。13. 答案&& B?解析&&由上文的“...during my senior year of high school...”可知用when。14.答案&&& C?解析&&&&由下文的“...a full load of college-? prep courses.”可知用take,take...course意为“参加……课程的学习”。15. 答案&&& A?解析&&&根据下文内容可知:努力的工作得到了回报。pay off得到回报;take off起飞;脱下;lay off下岗;kick off开球。16. 答案&&& D?解析&&句意为:得到学位。accept指主观接受, 而receive指客观上收到、得到。17. 答案&&& B?解析&&根据后文的“...a big Los Angeles law firm...”和上文的“...graduate degrees in law and business from Harvard.”可知答案为B项。?18. &答案&&& B?解析&&&该空之前提到的都是作者所从事过的工作,所以B项正确。19. 答案&&& C?解析&&根据上文的“...I have never forgotten those nights in the parking lot.”这是作者的一种经历,所以选C项。20. 答案&&&& D?解析&&&根据横线后的for,可判断出选provide,其他的选项不能和for连用。
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
On a hot day,&I decide to mow our extremely hilly lawn. It was likely to&&& 21&&& a jungle(丛林)with weeds growing wildly. I need to mow it at once.After several false&&& 22&&&&& , I had to examine it and finally got our old lawn mower&&&& 23&&&&& . I was mowing and trying hard to push the machine uphill, which was really a hard job, for the machine was too old to work well. I was so&& 24& that I complained under my breath, so I decided to take a short break.At the top of a rise, I&& 25& to see my 12-year-old John Thomas standing there, with a smile on his face and a glass of&&& 26&&in his hand.& "Here, Mom, "he said, "have a drink, Want&me to help you? Dad&& 27& me work on hte flat places."I& 28 & the ice water and went to sit in the&&&&& 29&&of a tall tree. As I took my drink, I&& 30&&& my son. To my surprise, he didn't seem to be&&& 31 &&the normal mowing pattern. And he kept smiling at me&& 32&& he worked. I wondered&&& 33&&made him so happy? I thought to myself.After a while, he&&& 34&& mowing and looked in my direction. "Hey, Mom. Could you& 35&here? "&& "He's always naughty like this, lazy again?" I said to myself&&& 36&&&& .& Then I stood up and walked across the lawn, noticing that he had missed a sizable spot. "John, you didn't..."& My angry words gradually became&&&&& 37&&&&, for the spot I thought he'd missed had been&&&&&& 38&&&& mowed into the shape of a(an)&& 39&&, suddenly I felt something warm and gentle rising from inside."Like it, Mom? It's mine and it's for you."& he asked with a big&&& 40& ."Now I'll finish the job."21. A. turn on B. turn into&&&& C. turn down& D. turn up22. A. starts&&& B. words C. ends&&& D. behavior23. A. work&&& B. move& C. going& D. flying24. A. cheerful&&&&&& B. tired&& C. cared& D. boring25. A. looked through&&& B. looked over&&&&&& C. looked after&&&&&& D. looked up26. A. hot tea& B. chocolate&&& C. milk&& D. ice water27. A. asks&&&&& B. allows C. lets&&&& D. agrees28. A. drank&& B. heated C. accepted&&&& D. received29. A. shade&&& B. leaves C. root&&& D. top30. A. saw&&&&& B. watched&&&& C. observed&&& D. noticed31. A. feeling& B. finding&&&&&& C. following&& D. feeding32. A. if& B. since&& C. whether&&&&& D. as33. A. what&&&& B. that&&&& C. all&&&&& D. it34. A. continued&&&& B. went on&&&&& C. stopped&&&&& D. finished35. A. go over B. turn over&&& C. driver over D. come over36. A. happily B. angrily&&&&&& C. eagerly&&&&&& D. anxiously37. A. heavier B. thicker&&&&&& C. louder D. quieter38. A. carefully&&&&& B. carelessly&& C. casually&&&&& D. comfortably39. A.&heart&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. apple& C. hand&& D. foot40. A. sign&&&&& B. smile& C. surprise&&&&& D. sigh
While my father was an officer of the British army in South Africa, we lived in a ___1___ house. One ___2___ my father and sister and& I were sitting together. He was ___3___ the window. I suddenly ___4___ that he was turning very pale. I sat ___5___, for I did not want to __6__ my sick sister. Soon father said in a ___7___ voice, “Kate and Joan, a friend of mine is ___8___ here to see me this evening, and I wish to be ___9___ him. Will you go up to your own room?” We ___10___, went to our room and closed the door. Soon I heard a ___11___ like that of a door burst in, and then a climb of feet. They were hurrying ___12___ the narrow stairs. Fearing that there was ___13___ near, I seized the pistol(手枪) on the table. Then I heard my father cry out, "For God’s sake(快!), child, ___14___ the door. " I did so. To my horror(恐怖), I saw, ___15___ my father’s shoulder, a gorilla(大猩猩), the worst enemy of the soldier in ___16___. He was ___17___ my father. I raised the pistol and fired. The animal fell backwards with ___18___ loud cry. Father took the ___19___ smoking pistol from my hand, and fired another shot, which ___20___ the gorilla. It happened that father had ___21___ us upstairs because he thought he would be able to ___22___ the door ––– which was twenty feet away –––___23___ the animal reached it. However, the gorilla was too ___24___ and this was the cause of the ___25___ flight(逃跑) up the stairs. 1. A. two-storeyed& B. two storeyed&&&&& C. two-storeys D. two storeys2. A. o’clock& B. night&& C. evening&&&&& D. time3. A. towards& B. opposite&&&& C. inside& D. behind4. A. knew&&&& B. learned&&&&&& C. felt&&&& D. noticed5. A. still B. lonely C. sadly&& D. unhappily6. A. hurt&&&&&& B. frighten&&&&& C. lose&&& D. trouble7. A. loud&&&&&& B. sad&&&& C. calm&& D. pleasant8. A. moving& B. staying&&&&&& C. running&&&&& D. coming9. A. friendly to&&&& B. alone with& C. helpful to&& D. careful with10. A. promised&&&& B. trembled&&& C. obeyed&&&&&& D. replied11. A. sound&& B. cry&&&& C. voice& D. shout12. A. to B. down& C. through&&&&& D. up13. A. some difficulty&&& B. a thief C. some danger&&&&& D. an accident14. A. open&&& B. close&& C. pull&&& D. draw15. A. on B. above& C. over&&& D. from16. A. South America&&& B. Africa C. South Asia& D. Europe17. A. aiming at&&&& B. marching towards C. shooting at&&&&& D. running after18. A. an exciting&& B. a calm C. an angry&&&& D. a natural19. A. still&&&&& B. yet&&&&& C. even&& D. already20. A. hit&&&&&& B. murdered&& C. frightened& D. killed21. A. taken&&& B. sent&&& C. driven D. forced22. A. push&&&& B. lock&&& C. guard& D. defend23. A. until&&&& B. when& C. before D. though24. A. quick&& B. huge&& C. heavy& D. stupid 25. A. anxious&&&&&& B. fearless&&&&& C. excited&&&&&& D. hurried
A funny story circulated recently about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, creator of the fictional detective Sherlock Holmes. Doyle clearly told of a time when he climbed into a&& 1&&& in Paris. Before he could&&& 2&&&& a word, the driver turned to him and asked, “Where can I&&&& 3&&&& you, Mr. Doyle?”Doyle was&&& 4&&&. He asked the driver if he had ever seen him before.“No, sir,” the driver responded. “I have&&& 5&&& seen you before.” Then he&&& 6&&& : “This morning’s paper had a story about you being on&&&& 7&&&& in Marseilles. This is the taxi stand where people who return from Marseilles always arrive. Your&&& 8&&& color tells me you have been on vacation. The&&& 9&&&& spot on your right index finger suggests to me that you are a& writer. Your clothing is very English, and not French.&&& 10&&& up all those pieces of information, I&&& 11&&& that you are Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.”“This is truly amazing!” the writer&& 12&&& with excitement. “You are very like my&&& 13&&& creation, Sherlock Holmes!”“There’s one other thing,” the driver said.“What’s that?”“Your&&& 14&&&& is on the front of your suitcase.”Perhaps the&&&& 15&&& was no master detective, but he was observant! He paid attention and paying attention is an important part of living&&& 16&&&&.Life isn’t a matter of milestones, but of&&& 17&&&. A life lived to the full is lived from moment to moment,&&& 18&&& from milestone to milestone. It is more of a series of days in which we truly pay attention, than a few&&& 19&& events along the way.Pay attention to the things of life, to people, to events, to your senses, even to the ordinary. Your life will never&&& 20&&& beauty. By making the most of the moments, you make the most of the years.1. A. train&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. taxi&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. bus&&&&&&&&&&&& D. plane2. A. write&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. hear&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. say&&&&&&&&&&&& D. read3. A. take&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. meet&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. wait&&&&&&&&&&& D. leave4. A. pleased&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. scared&&&&&&&&&&&&C. disappointed&&&& D. surprised5. A. just&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. never&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. ever&&&&&&&&&&& D. always6. A. admitted&&&&&&&&&&& B. started&&&&&&&&&&&& C. explained&&&&&&& D. remembered7. A. business&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. duty&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. holiday&&&&&&&&& D. work8. A. skin&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. hair&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. clothes&&&&&&&&& D. shoes9. A. blood&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. dirt&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. mud&&&&&&&&&&&& D. ink10. A. Making&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Taking&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Putting&&&&&&&&& D. Adding11. A. concluded&&&&&&&&&&&& B. realized&&&&&&&&&&& C. imagined&&&&&&& D. expected12. A. sighed&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. screamed&&&&&&&&&& C. whispered&&&&&&&& D. roared13. A. mental&&&&&&&&&& B. physical&&&&&&&&&&& C. fictional&&&&&&&& D. psychological13. A. license&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. address&&&&&&&&&&& C. resume&&&&&&&&&& D. name15. A. driver &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. writer&&&&&&&&&&&& C. detective&&&&&&&& D. waiter16. A. well&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. fully&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. happily&&&&&&&&& D. peacefully17. A. stages&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. steps&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. periods&&&&&&&&& D. moments18. A. more than&&&&&&&&&&& B. less than&&&&&&&&&&& C. rather than&&&&&& D. other than19. A. small&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. major&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. personal&&&&&&&&& D. social20. A. lack&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. create&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. appreciate&&&&&&&& D. enjoy
题型:阅读理解
My first reaction was annoyance. It was Friday afternoon, and I was within an hour of finishing my work for the week. As I was leaving, a nurse brought me one more patient message. The statement read: "Mm. Jones called to say that she has had blurred vision (视觉模糊) ever since her medical test this morning." I smiled.& Suddenly our tests were causing eye problems. This week my patients had questioned everything. My patient with high blood pressure had stopped coming to her treatment on the advice of an Internet chat room. A woman who had a mental problem was substituting (用......代替) St. John’s word for her medication. Now Mrs. Jones was imagining problems. I rolled my eyes. My second reaction was worry. As I looked through her record, I tried to figure out why she would have blurred vision, but nothing in her record explained the new problem. She’s probably just anxious, I thought. Still, she wouldn't have called if she had been all right. I picked up the phone. What I next felt can only be described as delight. Before I made the call, the nurse ran in: Mrs. Jones called. Her vision is fine. Turns out she picked up the wrong glasses when she left the office. The X-ray technician has been having the same problem. I let out a laugh. Mrs. Jones had been right. Her vision had been blurred. Now we know why.Finally I felt shame. I came to realize what Mrs. Jones had taught me. I had first known she was wrong, that her anxiety had clouded hex judgment. Instead, my medical training had clouded mine. Now I feel thankful that Mrs. Jones figured it out before I made a mistake about our relationship. Patients come to me for my help. They pay me to listen, diagnose (诊断), treat and talk. T I must remember that, and trust them too.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&61. The writer smiled while reading the patient message because he knew_____. A. Mrs. Jones would ask for more tests B. the patient was being unreasonable C. the nurse was joking with him D. Mrs. Jones would call him62. What has caused Mrs. Jones’ eye problem?& A. Wrong glasses. &&&&&&& B. Medical checkup. C. Her own imagination.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Chatting on the Internet.63. The underlined words "clouded her judgment" in the last paragraph probably mean_______. A. made her less trustful toward the doctor B. put her in control of her own feelings C. made her less able to think clearly D. put her in a dangerous situation
Last Sunday, in my return from a weekend in the country, I took a taxi from Waterloo Station to my home in North London. We hadn’t gone very far& 1& we had to stop at one of the many traffic lights. Just as the light was changing to& 2&a policeman pulled& 3& the door of the taxi, jumped in, shouted to the driver,“&& 4&that blue car in front. It’s been stolen,” and he sat down on the seat beside me. Then he seemed to see me for the first time for he said quickly but5& ,“Sorry sir, but I’ve got to catch that car.”The taxi driver& 6& the speed without saying anything. After a few hundred yards the blue car stopped at& 7&traffic light and we drew up8& .The policeman got out, ran round to the driver’s door of the blue car, opened it and& 9& the driver out. I couldn’t hear what was said, but after a few minutes the policeman& 10& to me and I went up to him. He asked me to help him take the car thief to the nearest& 11&.The three of us got into the& 12& .We drove off& 13&the taxi following. I didn’t like sitting next to the& 14& ,who was a young, rather tough-looking man, but I had no& 15&.& 16& it wasn’t far to the police-station. When we got there the policeman took my name and address, thanked me for my& 17& and said I could go. So I got back into my taxi and we drove off again. The taxi-driver said18&that that was the second time in a month he had been& 19& to he1p the police, and he& 20&it wouldn’t happen again.1.A.until&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.because&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.after&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.before2.A.orange&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.yellow&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.red&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.green3.A.out&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.up&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.open&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.aside4.A.Follow&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Catch&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.Knock&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Watch5.A.politely&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.apologically&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.gently&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.clearly6.A.increased&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.kept&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.slowed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.removed7.A.a&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.the&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.another&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.the other8.A.off&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.beside&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.alongside&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.away9.A.brought&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.tried&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.pulled&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.spat10.A.smiled&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.came&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.referred&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.signed11.A.car-park&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.police-station&&&&&& C.traffic-light&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.railway-station12.A.blue taxi&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.stolen car&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.passing car&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.first taxi13.A.with&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.by&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.of&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.in14.A.thief&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.driver&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.policeman&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.man15.A.luck&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.choice&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.reason&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.way16.A.Finally&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Naturally&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.Fortunately&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Unfortunately17.A.deed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.action&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.help&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.words18.A.happily&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.angrily&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.curiously&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.proudly19.A.obliged&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.seen&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.begged&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.allowed20.A.thought&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.guessed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.believed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.hoped
A little boy invited his mother to attend his school’s first teacher-parent meeting. To the little boy’s __1__, she said she would go. This __2__ be the first time that his classmates and teacher __3__ his mother and he felt __4__ of her appearance. Although she was a beautiful woman, there was a severe scar (疤痕) that __5__ nearly the entire right side of her face. The boy never wanted to __6__ why or how she got the scar.At the meeting, the people were __7__ by the kindness and natural beauty of his mother __ 8__ the scar, but the little boy was still embarrassed (尴尬) and __9 __ himself from everyone. He did, however, get within __10__of a conversation between his mother and his teacher.The teacher asked __11__, “How did you get the scar on your face?”The mother replied, “__12__ my son was a baby, he was in a room that caught fire. Everyone was __13__ afraid to go in because the fire was __14__,so I went in. As I was running toward his bed, I saw a long piece of wood coming down and I placed myself over him trying to protect him. I was knocked __15__ but fortunately, a fireman came in and saved both of us.” She __16__ the burned side of her face. “This scar will be __17__, but to this day, I have never __18__ what I did.”At this point, the little boy came out running toward his mother with tears in his eyes. He held her in his arms and felt a great __19__ of the sacrifice (牺牲) that his mother had made for him. He held her hand __20__ for the rest of the day.1. A. enjoyment&& B. disappointment& C. surprise&&& D. excitement2. A. would&&&& B. could&&&&&&&&&&& C. should&&&&&&D. must3. A. noticed&& B. greeted&&&&&&&&&& C. accepted&&D. met4. A. sick&&&&& B. ashamed&&&&&&&& C. afraid&&&&D. tired5. A. included&&& B. passed&&&&&&&&&C. covered&&&&&& D. shaded6. A. talk about&& B. think about&C. care about&&& D. hear about7. A. impressed&&B. surprised&&&&C. excited&&& D. comforted8. A. in sight of&& B. by means of&&& C. by way of&D. in spite of9. A. hid&& B. protected& C. separated&& D. escaped10. A. understanding&&& B. reminding&& C. hearing&& D. learning11. A. carefully& B. seriously&&& C. nervously&& D. anxiously12. A. As&&& B. When&&&& C. Since&&&& D. While13. A. so&&&& B. much&C. quite&& D. too14. A. out of control B. under control&C. in control& D. over control15. A. helpless&& B. hopeless&&& C. senseless&&D. useless16. A. pointed&&& B. showed&&& C. wiped&&&D. touched17. A. ugly&&&&&& B. lasting&&&& C. serious&&&& D. frightening18. A. forgot& B. recognized& C. considered&&& D. regretted19. A. honor&&& B. sense&&&& C. happiness&& D. pride20. A. quietly&& B. slightly&&&& C. tightly&&& D. suddenly
& Directions: Read the following passage. Answer the questions according to the information given in the passage and required words limit. Write your answers on your answer sheet.Few places have as much ancient history and modern knowledge to offer to students as Egypt. In addition to being the site of many of the world’s greatest wonders, Egypt also hosts two major religious institutions. Al-Azhar University is one of the oldest Islamic institutions for higher studies. The head of Al-Azhar is traditionally regarded as the ruler of Sunni Muslims all over the world.Al-Azhar University had long been known as the most archaic university in the world until 2004, when archaeologists unearthed the site of what was believed to be the first ever ivory tower in the world in the northern seaside city of Alexandria.What the archaeological team found were 13 lecture halls that could accommodate up to 5,000 students each. These lecture halls are believed to be the University of Alexandria, home of famous Greek scholars like Archimedes and Euclid during the ancient city’s golden era.This discovery shows that Egypt was a centre for education and learning in the early world civilizations. Its tradition of scholarship was evident even from the Pharaonic Age(法老时代), which boasted engineering wonders such as the pyramids as well as the scientific wonder of mummies, all of which still exist tod ay.During the Islamic Age, Egypt became the regional academic centre for Islamic study and Arabic language and literature. Her popularity with scholars from all over the world grew with the establishment of Al-Azhar University in Cairo, in 975.Today, it remains a popular destination for international scholars, especially those from the Arab world, Africa, Asia and Europe, but like most modern Egyptian universities, Al-Azhar has been equipped with the latest technologies to cope with new demands from the modern world, and is an ideal place for students from all over the world.Find in the passage a word closest in meaning to the underlined word “ archaic” .(one word)Why has Al-Azhar been equipped with the latest technologies?(no more than 9 word)What is the passage mainly about ?(no more than 6 word)What is the writer’s purpose of writing this passage?(no more than 9 word)
题型:阅读理解
Hey there,So you’re about to spend four years of your life and tens of thousands of dollars of your patent’s money, and all you really know about college is that all of your friends are going. Do you ever stop to wonder why you’re going?Relax. You’re making the right decision. First of all, you’ll discover what interests you by taking courses in many subjects. For example, it’s hard to decide if you want to be a painter if you’ve never once you’re in a drawing-room on campus, you’ll know one way or the other. College is also a lot of fun — after you graduate, you’ll be working every weekday for 50 or so years. And remember that college graduates earn about twice the income of those who never attended college.Finding the right college can be difficult. Fortunately, Johnson Review is here to help you every step of the way.*Researching Schools. To us, the most important decision you’ll make is to choose the school that really fits you best — not the one that is the most competitive (有竞争力的) or has the best-equipped rooms.*Applying to School.
, you’ll find hundreds of actual college applications(申请)and links to many more .*Raising Your Scores.& American College Test is one of the most difficult parts of the admissions (录取) course . It’s nor the most important, though, and not everyone needs to prepare for the test. But, if you think you can do better, find the right course for better scores.*Paying for School. Most families need financial aid for the high cost of college. The problem is that financial aid seems difficult to get and many families get caught up in the price of college rather than learning the ways to get financial aid . If you really do your research, you’ll learn that you can afford to attend any college, no matter the cost. For more information, call 600-3681 or . Wherever you go, have a nice trip!Johnson SmithFounder and CEOJohnson Review小题1:How many reasons for going to college does the author mention in the text ?A.2B.3C.4D.5小题2:The author thinks you should choose the college that is _______.A.well-equippedB.competitiveC.suitableD.famous小题3:What does the author advise you to do to pay the high cost of college?A.To ask the family for helpB.To make a study of financial courses.C.To do research on the price of collegeD.To get to know how to ask for financial aid小题4:What’s the author’s purpose of writing this test?A.To suggest ways to prepare for college learningB.To help readers find the right collegeC.To make Johnson Review popularD.To introduce college life

我要回帖

更多关于 rubbish可数吗 的文章

随机推荐