As a young adult,I lackedself motivationn.I needed something to believe in.Yet Ihad noself motivationn

小题1:C小题2:B小题3:D小题4:A小题5:C小题6:A小题7:D小题8:B小题9:C小题10:B小题11:A小题12:B小题13:C小题14:B小题15:A小题16:B小题17:A小题18:C小题19:D小题20:B试题分析:小题1:C 动词辨析。A节省;B给;C挣;D改变;我为邻居做事挣一点零花钱。小题2:B 固定词组。Knock on敲门;指我敲响了邻居家的门问对方是否要我帮助打扫院子。小题3:D 连词辨析。A如何;B何时;C为什么D是否。我问对方是否要我帮助打扫院子。小题4:A 名词辨析。A学校;B时间;C麻烦;D床;她问我为什么不上学?小题5:C上下文串联。根据kept me warm.,说明我的外衣破了,不保暖了。小题6:A 动词辨析。A允许;B迫使;C帮助;D阻止;她允许我进去帮助她打扫院子。小题7:D 动词辨析。A惩罚;B测试;C表扬;D付钱;她问我是不是现在就要得到工钱。小题8:B 短语辨析。A建立;B取出;C谈论;D收拾;她拿出一个都是钱的罐子。小题9:C 形容词辨析。A让人厌烦的;B新的;C好的;D可怕的;她夸奖我做的好。C正确。小题10:B 动词辨析。A保持;B买;C去除;D生产;她让我去买保暖的衣服。小题11:A 动词辨析。A看,参观;B原谅;C 欢迎;D服务;她让我带着成绩报告单去看她。小题12:B 动词辨析。A认出;B奖励;C理解;D保护;她告诉我:如果我分数高,她会奖励我。小题13:C 名词辨析。A目标;B故事;C分数;D观点;她告诉我:如果我分数高,她会奖励我。小题14:B 上下文串联。根据上文43空后的a jar filled with dollar bills说明罐子里都是钱。小题15:A 动词辨析。A抓;B失去;C借;D要价;我抓了罐子里的钱。小题16:B 形容词辨析。A罕见的;B足够的;C简单的;D特别的;这笔钱足够我买我迫切需要的东西了。小题17:.A 动词辨析。A允诺,答应;B发现;C知道;D承认;句意:她做了她答应我的事情。小题18:C 动词辨析。A请求;B要求;C展示;D写;句意:每次我给她看我得到的A。小题19:D 固定词组。Make a difference有影响,起作用;本句是定语从句,difference是先行词。小题20:B 名词辨析。A勇气;B善良;C诚实;D幸福。她用它的善良影响了我的一生。点评:文章讲述了一个善良的老人帮助我的故事。本题设空科学合理,考生很容易领会大意,下手很顺利,从选项中可以看出,本大题主要还是考查了词汇的辨析与运用,但更加注重综合语言能力的运用,需要根据故事情节,了解词汇用法的同时,结合语境,做出准确的判断。
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
My life as a little person is filled with stories. I enjoy talking to children and explaining why I look different from their parents.It has taken many years of &&36&&my confidence to be able to do that.I didn’t&& 37&&how short I was until I started school.As time went on,I just tried to smile and accept the fact that I was going to be&& 38&&my whole life.I was determined to make my &&39&&an advantage rather than a disadvantage.My friends became increasingly &&40&& . They’d help me up the bus steps.If people were cruel,they would take them aside and &&41&&them.& 42&&I lacked in height,I &&43&&in personality my ability to laugh,even at myself.For example,one time I was &&44&&the washing machine at my parents’ house to grab the wet clothes.I fell 45 &&in and yelled for Mother,who was sitting nearby reading the paper.Watching feet &&46&&everywhere,she laughed and said,“I should leave you in there.” I &&47&&her.I’m 47 now,and the &&48&&have not reduced as I’ve grown older.People ask my friends if I live in a dollhouse.They look&& 49&&when they see me get out of my car on the driver’s side.During those times,I try to keep a good&&&50&& . When people are rude,I&& 51&&myself,“Look what else I have --a great family,nice friends.”And it’s the children’s questions that make my life &&52&&.“Why are you so short? How old are you? Are you a mommy?” When I talk with children,they are left& 53&&that their questions have been answered.My hope is that in taking time with them,I will& 54 &&them to accept their peers,whatever size and shape they come in,& 55&treat them with respect.小题1:A.developingB.recognizingC.regainingD.fulfilling小题2:A.think B.realize C.mindD.feel小题3:A.looked B.laughed C.noticed D.remembered小题4:A.appearanceB.characterC.ageD.uniqueness小题5:A.protectiveB.angry C.bored D.friendly小题6:A.correct B.punish C.beatD.push小题7:A.When B.As C.What D.Though小题8:A.made up for B.made up ofC.made a mistakeD.made my way小题9:A.reaching intoB.reaching forC.reaching out D.reaching at小题10:A.down and over B.all the wayC.completely apartD.almost alone小题11:A.flyingB.floating C.shakingD.dancing小题12:A.laughed withB.got angry withC.made fun of D.looked down upon小题13:A.heightB.wordsC.children D.stares小题14:A.in dishonestyB.in disbelief C.in satisfactionD.in horror小题15:A.relationshipB.impression C.attitudeD.image小题16:A.askB.recallC.remindD.teach小题17:A.specialB.miserableC.uncertain D.changeable小题18:A.contentB.happyC.surprisedD.curious小题19:A.forceB.encourage C.keepD.make小题20:A.thenB.soC.yetD.and
I grew up in a community called Estepona. I was 16 when one morning, Dad told me I could drive him into a &&31&&village called Mijas, on condition that I took the car in to be &&32&&at a nearby garage. I readily accepted. I drove Dad into Mijas, and &&33&&to pick him up at 4 pm, then dropped off the car at the &&34&. With several hours to spare. I went to a theater. &&35&, when the last movie finished, it was six. I was two hours late!I knew Day would be angry if he &&36&&I’d been watching movies. So I decided not to tell him the truth. When I &&37&&there I apologized for being late, and told him I’d &&38&&as quickly as I could, but that the car had needed some major repairs. I’ll never forget the &&39&&he gave me. “I’m disappointed you &&40&&you have to lie to me, Jason.” Dad looked at me again. “When you didn’t &&41&. I called the garage to ask if there were any &&42&, and they told me you hadn’t& yet picked up the car. ” I felt &43&&as I weakly told him the real reason. A &&44&&passed through Dad as he listened attentively. “I’m angry with &&45&. I realize I’ve failed as a father. I’m going to walk home now and think seriously about &&46&&I’ve gone wrong all these years.” “But Day, it’s 18 miles!” My protests and apologies were &&47&. Dad walked home that day. I drove behind him, &&48&&him all the way, but he walked silently.Seeing Dad in so much &&49&&and emotional pain was my most painful experience. However, it was &&50&&the most successful lesson. I have never lied since.小题1:A.lonelyB.smallC.distantD.familiar小题2:A.keptB.washedC.watchedD.serviced小题3:A.agreedB.plannedC.determinedD.promised小题4:A.villageB.communityC.garageD.theater小题5:A.HoweverB.ThenC.ThereforeD.Still小题6:.A.realizedB.found outC.thoughtD.figured out小题7:.A.wentB.ranC.walkedD.hurried小题8:.A.startedB.leftC.arrivedD.come小题9:.A.wordB.faceC.lookD.appearance小题10:.A.findB.decideC.believeD.feel小题11:.A.turn upB.drive outC.go awayD.come out小题12: questions&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. problems&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. mistakes&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. faults小题13:.A.ashamedB.frightenedC.nervousD.surprised小题14:.A.nervousnessB.sadnessC.silenceD.thought小题15:.A.youB.myselfC.meD.yourself小题16:.A.whereB.howC.whyD.when小题17:. A meaningless&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. useless&&&&&&&&&&& C. helpless&&&&&&&&&& D. worthless小题18:.A.askingB.persuadingC.beggingD.following小题19:.A.physicalB.practicalC.personalD.natural小题20:.A.indeedB.alwaysC.alsoD.almost
题型:阅读理解
Last year, I met a little boy to whom my heart went out. He would talk to me every single day, and always seemed to have a smile on his face. His problem was that he stuttered (口吃) extremely badly when he tried to talk. It was really hard to understand what he was saying, although he loved to tell big tales! One morning, I was talking to the teachers who ran the school store. The boy stopped by and said hello to all of us. Afterwards they told me that the boy would stop every day to ask if they would be there the next day. But of course, he never had money to buy anything. I decided that I would get him a little something just as a surprise. So I picked out a pencil, a rubber, and a small notebook for just $1.00. I cannot describe the look on his face when I gave him the three little things. Then, without a stutter, he loudly said, "Thank you so much!" and just kept repeating, "Thank you! Thank you!" He gave me a big hug before going off to class. I was touched to see someone appreciate something that much. As he walked off, he was showing his new stuff to other kids walking to class. I have to say that I have never spent a dollar that would mean so much to me.小题1:Why did the boy never buy anything from the store?A.Because he couldn’t make himself understood.B.Because the teachers were unwilling to sell him anything.C.Because he couldn’t afford anything.D.Because he could never decide what to buy.小题2:What do we learn from the third paragraph?A.Actually the boy had no stutter at all.B.The boy was too excited to stutter at the moment.C.What the author had bought helped the boy speak normally.D.The author wanted to find out whether the boy really had a stutter.小题3:Which would be the best title for the passage?A.A Stuttering BoyB.Kindness Can Do WondersC.One Dollar Can Buy AnythingD.The Best Dollar I Have Spent小题4:What is the boy’s attitude to his life?A.activeB.passiveC.disappointedD.fearful
John once told me a story about his friend, Michael. Michael happened to be on a train sitting next to a young man who seemed worried. Finally the young man told the friend that he was a convict (罪犯) returning home from a prison far away. What he did had brought shame (羞耻) on his family, and they had neither visited him nor written to him. He hoped, however, that this was only because they were too poor to travel and too busy to write. When he was set free he had written to tell them he wanted to go home. To make matters easy for them, however, he had asked them to put up a signal (信号) for him when the train passed their little farm. If the family had forgiven (原谅) him, they were to put up a white ribbon (丝带) in the big apple tree near the railway. If they didn't want him back, they were to do nothing, and he would stay on the train, and go far away. As the train neared his hometown his suspense became so great that he was afraid to look out of the window. He asked Michael to watch for the big apple tree. They changed seats. In a minute, Michael put his hand on the young convict’s shoulder, "There it is," His eyes was filled with sudden tears. "It’s all right. The whole tree is white with ribbons."小题1:According to the passage, the white ribbon in the big apple tree means ________.A.pleasure B.forgiveness(原谅)C.happiness D.education小题2:The word "suspense" underlined in the last paragraph can best be replaced by ________.A.angerB.interestC.worry D.happiness小题3:Why was Michael asked to watch for the apple tree?A.The young man was afraid that he was refused by his family.B.The young man’s seat was far from the window.C.The young man was afraid of seeing the white ribbons in the tree.D.The young man was sure that his family would accept him.小题4:Why did Michael cry at the end of the story?A.The young man couldn’t live with his family.B.There were many white ribbons on the apple tree.C.He was afraid.D.The young man was very sad.
He was 11 years old and went fishing every chance he got from the dock at his family’s&& cabin on an island in the middle of a New Hampshire lake.   On the day before the bass season opened, he and his father were fishing early in the evening, catching sunfish and perch (鲈鱼)& with worms. Then he tied on a small silver lure(鱼饵) and practiced casting. The lure struck the water and caused colored ripples in the sunset, then silver ripples as the moon rose over the lake.  When his peapole doubled over, he knew something huge was on the other end. His father watched with admiration as the boy skillfully worked the fish alongside the dock.  Finally, he very gingerly lifted the exhausted fish from the water. It was the largest one he had ever seen, but it was a bass. The boy and his father looked at the handsome fish, gills playing back and forth in the moonlight. The father lit a match and looked at his watch. It was 10 P.M.-- two hours before the season opened. He looked at the fish, then at the boy.  “You’ll have to put it back, son,” he said.  “Dad!” cried the boy.  “There will be other fish,” said his father.  “Not as big as this one,” cried the boy.  He looked around the lake. No other fishermen or boats were anywhere around in the moonlight. He looked again at his father. Even though no one had seen them, nor could anyone ever know what time he caught the fish, the boy could tell by the clarity of his father’s voice that the decision was not negotiable(可协商的). He slowly worked the hook out of the lip of the huge bass and lowered it into the black water.  The creature swished its powerful body and disappeared. The boy suspected that he would never again see such a great fish.  That was 34 years ago. Today, the boy is a successful architect in New York City. His father’s cabin is still there on the island in the middle of the lake. He takes his own son and daughters fishing from the same dock.  And he was right. He has never again caught such a magnificent fish as the one he landed that night long ago. But he does see that same fish-again and again-every time he comes up against a question of ethics (道德规范).小题1: Why did the father ask his son to put the perch back?A.Because the father disliked the perch.B.Because the father was afraid of being finedC.Because the ethics must be obeyed.D.Because the son was more experienced in fishing than his father.小题2:When does the architect (the father’s son) think of that perch put back?A.When he takes his own and son and daughters fishing from the same dock.B.When he builds many famous buildings.C.When he pays a visit to his old father.D.When he faces some problems about ethics.小题3:Which word can not be used to describe the boy’s father?A.honestB.noble-mindedC.caringD.generous
After the earthquake hit northeast Japan on March 11, many moving stories that I saw with my own eyes happened around me.
I had to walk home since all the &36 &had stopped after the earthquake. On my way home I &37 &an old lady at a bakery shop(面包店) who was giving out free bread, which made my heart &38 . A man was holding a sign(招牌) that said, “Please use our &39 .” He was &40 &his house for people who were homeless to have a rest .
My friend wanted to &41 &others. He stood in the cold with a sign “If you’re okay with a motorcycle, I will &42 &you to your house.” And then I saw him take one gentleman home, all the way to a faraway place! Then next day I drove to &43 &my car with gas. There is a lack (缺乏) of &44& now after the quake and many gasoline stations are either closed or have very &45 &lines. I got &46 , since I was behind 15 cars. Finally, when it was my &47 , the man smiled and said, “ 48 &this bad situation after the quake , we are only giving $30 worth gas to each person. Is that all right?” “ 49 . I’m just glad that we are all able to &50 &with each other .” I said. His smile gave me so much comfort. I saw a man at the evacuation (疏散) center burst into &51&when people brought food to him. It was the first time in three days that food was brought to their center. However, after he wiped the tears, his next &52 &surprised me. “I am very &53 &that we are provided with food. But people in the city next to us haven’t &54 &any food at all. Please go to that center as well.” And when hearing that, I realized there is a bright future on the other side of this terrible &55 .小题1:A.rescueB.lifeC.busesD.shops小题2:A.missedB.caughtC.sawD.heard小题3:A.upsetB.hardC.brokenD.warm小题4:A.toiletB.hotelC.hospitalD.house小题5:A.sellingB.openingC.repairingD.closing小题6:A.requestB.changeC.saveD.help小题7:A.driveB.followC.lead D.notice小题8:A.startB.fillC.checkD.wash小题9:A.informationB.gasC.foodD.salt小题10:A.directB.fineC.long D.thin小题11:A.worriedB.lucky C.frightenedD.angry小题12:A.timeB.turnC.dutyD.decision小题13:A.Except forB.Together withC.Because ofD.Instead of小题14:A.Not at allB.Of courseC.No wayD.Never mind小题15:A.shareB.offer C.learnD.choose小题16:A.flameB.laughterC.cheers D.tears小题17:A.wordsB.rolesC.waysD.promises小题18:A.sureB.gratefulC.surprisedD.shocked小题19:A.boughtB.wastedC.preparedD.received小题20:A.disasterB.chance C.centerD.city
There once was a King who offered a prize to the artist who would paint the best picture of peace. Many artists _____1_____. The King looked at all the pictures, but there were only two he ____2_____liked and he had to choose between them. One picture was of a ___3___ lake. The lake was a perfect mirror for peaceful towering ___4____ were all around it. Overhead was a blue sky with fluffy white clouds. All who saw this picture thought that it was a _____5_____ picture of peace. The other picture had mountains too. But there were rugged and ____6____. Above was an ____7____ sky from which rain fell, in which lightening ____8____. Down the side of the mountain tumbled a foaming waterfall. This did not look ____9____at all. But when the King looked, he saw behind the waterfall a tiny ____10____growing in a crack in the rock. In the bush a mother bird had built her ____11____. There, in the midst of the rush of angry water, ____12____ the mother bird on her nest…perfect peace. Which picture do you think won the prize? The King ____13____ the second picture. Do you know why? “Because,” explained the king, “peace does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, ___14___, or hard work. Peace means to be in the midst of all those things and still be calm in your ____15___. That is the real meaning of peace.”小题1:A.tiedB.triedC.diedD.mined小题2:A.probablyB.generallyC.reallyD.finally小题3:A.calmB.cleanC.clearD.beautiful小题4:A.housesB.mountainsC.fieldsD.deserts小题5:A.awfulB.fearfulC.terribleD.perfect小题6:A.bareB.thickC.strongD.handsome小题7:A.sunnyB.happyC.angryD.kind小题8:A.predictedB.drownedC.expectedD.played小题9:A.dreadfulB.peacefulC.gratefulD.respectful小题10:A.treeB.grassC.bushD.flower小题11:A.roomB.kitchenC.toiletD.nest小题12:A.satB.trembledC.shookD.strained小题13:A.removedB.choseC.abandonedD.postponed小题14:A.excitementB.happinessC.troubleD.joy小题15:A.handB.mouthC.stomachD.heart
I can still remember the first day when I met my best friend. I hid behind my mother and she hid behind her grandmother,&& 36&& to look at each other. But we soon lost the&& 37&&& and started playing with each other. In the 7th grade, I first lost touch with her. She was&& 38&& family problems and I deserted her to be with the “cooler people.”&& 39&& of my new friends liked her as much as I did&& 40&& they knew she had “problems”. However, every summer we would&& 41&& sit at each other’s home and watch soap operas and talk about everything we liked.It was last year when I&& 42&& the problem. I guess I was just too busy in high school to realize she needed someone there for her. Well, she made a new “best friend” and&& 43&& did I. Then I didn’t know why, but she started cutting herself.She was diagnosed with clinical depression(抑郁症). I was very&& 44&& at first, but with the late night calls, we still stayed in&& 45&&. I wanted to be there for her since her new best friend&& 46& deserted her, when people were calling her&& 47& , but I knew I still&& 48&& her like a sister.Yesterday she came&& 49&& me and said this,” I never knew what a best friend was&& 50&& I found you were the only person that would stop me from cutting, the only person that ever made me feel better about myself and my&& 51&&. You don’t know this but I was trying to kill myself one night when you&& 52&& me. I&& 53&& you so much, and you didn’t even know you were&& 54&& me.” We both cried. And I guess a kind of lesson from my life so far is to never&& 55&& your friends.小题1:A.pleasedB.excitedC.scaredD.disappointed小题2:A.happinessB.kindnessC.shynessD.sadness小题3:A.working outB.answering forC.helping withD.going through小题4:A.AllB.NoneC.NoD.Every小题5:A.becauseB.thoughC.whileD.yet小题6:A.hardlyB.seldomC.justD.always小题7:A.solvedB.noticedC.facedD.ignored小题8:A.neitherB.soC.tooD.also小题9:A.madB.carelessC.hopefulD.upset小题10:A.touchB.bedC.hospitalD.love小题11:A.luckilyB.successfullyC.actuallyD.calmly小题12:A.selfishB.crazyC.braveD.lonely小题13:A.believed inB.waited forC.cared aboutD.replied to小题14:A.withB.afterC.uponD.to小题15:A.untilB.whenC.sinceD.if小题16:A.mistakesB.parentsC.friendsD.problems小题17:A.visitedB.encouragedC.calledD.prevented小题18:A.tellB.oweC.giveD.show小题19:A.helpingB.remindingC.cheatingD.praising小题20:A.give upB.look back atC.drop in atD.look down on

我要回帖

更多关于 motive motivation 的文章

随机推荐