所属点数: 0点
【下载此资源需要登录并付出 0 点,】
资料概述与简介
湖南省澧县一中2014届高三高考模拟考试(二)
时量:120分钟
总分:150分
PartⅠListening Comprehension (30 marks)
Section A (22.5 marks)
Directions: In this section, you will hear six conversations between two speakers. For each conversation, there are several questions and each question is followed by three choices marked A, B and C. Listen carefully and then choose the best answer for each question.
You will hear each conversation TWICE.
Conversation 1
1. What are the speakers having?
C. Chicken.
2. What does the woman say about the dish?
A. It tastes terrible.
B. It is delicious.
C.The sauce is pretty good.
Conversation 2
3. What did the man do on Sunday night?
A. He made calls to his friends.
B. He bought something expensive.
C. He chatted with his friends online.
4. What does the man invite the woman to do next weekend?
A. Go surfing.
B. Visit his house.
C. Meet his friends.
Conversation 3
5. What is the relationship between the speakers?
A. Neighbors.
B. Husband and wife.
C. Policeman and witness.
6. What caused the fire?
A. The rubbish.
B. The curtain.
C. The lamp.
Conversation 4
7. Why does the man recommend another book?
A. The book the woman wants has been lent out.
B. There isn’t such a book as the woman wants.
C. He wants to recommend a better one.
8. What does the man say about the book he recommends?
A. It is a classic.
B. It tells a touching story.
C. It was written by a famous writer.
9. How long can the woman keep the same book within a year at most?
A. Six weeks.
B. Four weeks.
C. Three weeks.
Conversation 5
10. How does the woman feel about Tony’s marriage?
A. Pleased.
B. Surprised.
C. Interested.
11. Where did Tony go after he broke up with Sarah?
A. To Liverpool.
B. To London.
C. To Leeds.
12. Why did Tony come back to his hometown?
A.To look for a job.
B.To attend a wedding.
C.To ask Sarah to marry him.
Conversation 6
13. How old are the oldest paintings discovered?
A. About 2, 000 years old.
B. About 10,000 years old.
C. About 20,000 years old.
14. Where have the paintings of large animals been found?
A. In northern France.
B. In southern Spain.
C. In northern Spain.
15. What is one of the reasons the ancient people painted the pictures?
A. To kill time.
B. To attract animals.
C. To record their life stories.
Section B(7.5 marks)Directions:In this section, you will hear a short passage. Listen carefully and then fill in the numbered blanks with the information you have heard. Fill in each blank with NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS.You will hear the short passage TWICE.
Enjoy your Life
Hot Latin music star—Enrique Iglesias
·His relationship with his famous
film actress—Natalie Portman
·What life was like for her as a child star.
·Some of her
Korean football star—Ahn Jung Hwan
His experiences at the 20.
PartⅡ Language Knowledge (45 marks)
Section A (15 marks)
Directions: Beneath each of the following unfinished sentences there are 4 choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the one that best completes the sentence.
Example:The wild flowers looked like a soft orange blanket
the desert.
A. covering
B. covered
D. to cover
The answer is A.
21.The Winter Olympic Games ________ in Sochi, Russia in February, 2014 was also a great
party for athletes from different countries.
A. was held
B. being held
C. to be held
22. Actually you can make learning English a process, ________ you can not only learn much
knowledge but also interesting cultures.
23.It won’t be thirty days_______ you graduate from No.1 Middle School , so please cherish what you have at the moment.
24. He has donated some money to those who ______in poverty, which ______of great help.
A. live, is
B. lives, are
C. live, are
D. lives, is
25.You’d better not call the manager between 7 and 8 this evening, for he ________ an
important meeting then.
A. will be having B. would have
C. will have
D. will have had
26. _____ we were worried about was _______ they could manage to control the pollution.
B. T whether
D. W whether
27. Next door to ours _________, who seem to have settled into life in China.
A. where live a foreign couple
B. where do live a foreign couple
C. live a foreign couple
D. do a foreign couple live
28.There is no doubt that ________ a goal, one needs not only knowledge but also good
personalities.
A. realizes
B. realizing
C. being realized
D. to realize
29.Sometimes smiles around the world _________ be false, hiding other feelings like anger,
fear or worry.
30. --- How is the man injured in the accident?
---- The doctor said if ________ in a proper way, he was likely to be saved.
A. treated
B. treating
C. is treated
D. to be treated
31. _________ at the restaurant before, Tom did not want to eat there again.
B. Having eaten
32. ________ Mr. Smith was the last man I wanted to see, I did all in my power to help him.
A. Because
B. Now that
33.Jim who is now our English teacher once ________ as a manager in an international
cooperation for 5 years.
A. has worked
B. had worked
C. was working
34. ---- What happened to you?
---- I ________ in the street when someone patted me on the shoulder, which frightened me.
A. was about to walk
B. was walking
C. had walked
35. Wherever you prefer to work after graduation, ________ close contacts with your family
B. keeping
C. to keep
Section B (18 marks)
Directions: For each blank in the following passage there are four words or phrases marked A, B, C and D. Fill in each blank with a word or phrase that best fits the context.
I hadn’t even got a chance to enter the store before an African American woman approached me and asked if I would help her return an item. The item she has
was intended for her daughter, but she had already received a similar one. The lady
to exchange the item for something else in the store but she was told she needed an ID or the deal could not take place.
I went to the
38 with the woman so we could use my ID. The sales associate immediately started
her of asking the first random(随意的) person she saw to help her. Although that was
, I didn’t understand why it mattered. After all, not everyone is given the opportunity to
an ID in this country.
Then, we asked to speak with a manager, who explained that there was no way to return the item without a receipt and then went on to say the woman could not
she purchased the item in this store.
“If I , a young white female, were to enter the store and request you to make an exchange without a receipt, I would not be
the privilege--- as I have proof from the past.” I said. He must have realized at that moment what he had done, because he
to exchange the item.
There are many valuable lessons in the story. The first is to help a stranger in need. I hesitated when the woman asked for my help, but
in my head I asked myself, “ Why not? What valid reasons do I usually have?” I had none, so I helped her.
The second lesson is not to judge a book by its
. The woman looked poor, but she 47
the same treatment as anyone else does.
36. A. purchased
B. shown C. lost D. mended
37. A. managed
B. wanted C. refused D. promised
38 .A. counter
B. department C. market D. window
39 .A. warning
B. informing C. reminding D. accusing
40. A. wrong
B. true C. reasonable D. meaningful
41 .A. leave
B. pay C. find D. obtain
42. A. answer
B. prove C. support D. admit
43 .A. ordered
B. asked C. refused D. given
44 .A. agreed
B. prepared C. failed D. remembered
45 .A. totally
B. gradually C. hardly D. quickly
46. A. design
B. cover C. content D. price
47 .A. deserved
B. required C. received D. appreciated
Section C (12 marks)
Directions: Complete the following passage by filling in each blank with one word that best fits the context.
you asked high school girls to name their favorite sports, most would probably say basketball
volleyball. But I am one of the few women
would answer : surfing is my favorite sport. But isn’t that a man thing? Some people believe most boys don’t like this sport. I am 31 years old this year. I started surfing about five years ago and I fell in love with
on the very first day. Riding the first wave was
best feeling I had ever experienced. When I try to compare surfing
other things, I find it very difficult because, in my life of 31 years , there’s nothing like it that can train my courage and care. It involves body and life,
54 you must be careful when you are surfing. Because nobody knows
will happen.
PartⅢ Reading Comprehension (30 marks)
Directions: Read the following three passages. Each passage is followed by several questions or unfinished statements. For each of them there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the one that fits best according to the information given in the passage.
Below are the top four supermarket chains in the world in 2012 and the reasons behind their success.
Headquartered in Chestnut, United Kingdom , this global grocery store is one of the largest supermarket chains in terms of revenues and profits. If was founded in 1919 by Jack Cohen. Tesco stores can be found across all continents. Even though it was set up only for food and beverages, Tesco has drastically branched out , not only in geographical terms, but also in terms of products. Which now include electronics , clothing, health care, home improvement and even financial services.
Founded in the year 1915 by a young M. B, Skaggs. Safeway developed from just a small grocery store on the fundamentals of providing value to customers and narrow profit margins. The success story of Skaggs becomes more evident when , by the end of the year 1926,he he had opened almost 428 stores across ten states. Almost two years later, Safeway was listed at the New York Stock Exchange . At present, there are more than fifteen hundred Safeway stores across US and Canada.
The Kroger Company
Founded at Cincinnati, Ohio in 1883 by Mr. Bernard Kroger, the Kroger Company is now one of the largest supermarket chains not only in the US. but across the world . Over the last couple of decades, the Kroger Company has vastly expanded by acquiring popular brand names, including those of Owen’s Market. Its stores are largely spread out across Middle. Western and Central United States.
Reve-Gruppe
Reve – Gruppe was founded in 1927 and is presently headquartered at Cologne, Germany . This supermarket chain is easily counted among the top supermarket chains of the world . Its vast line of products includes grocery, home improvement, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, optical as well as clothing . Its stores can be found in as many as fourteen European countries, providing employment to more than 325,000 people.
56. Which of the following was founded first ?
B.Safeway.
C.The Kroger Company.
D.Rewe-Gruppe.
57. We can learn from the text that Safeway
A.was initially set up only for food
B.developed from a small grocery store
C.has about 3,500 stores now
D.has branches in fourteen European countries
58. Which of the following is TRUE?
A. Tesco was founded four years earlier than Safeway.
B. Tesco and Safeway are headquartered in the same country.
C. Rewe - Gruppe provides financial services.
D. Safeway was listed at the New York Stock Exchange around 1928.
59. According to the passage, the Kroger Company
A.is presently headquartered in the United Kingdom
B.has fifteen stores in the US and Canada
C.developed quickly after acquiring popular brand names
D.provides employment for more than 325,000 people
60. What is the topic of the passage?
A.An introduction to four top supermarket chains around the world.
B.The history of four top supermarkets chains.
C.The background of four supermarket chains.
D.The most profitable supermarket chains in the world.
Nelson Mandela was a figure of international fame,and many details of his life and career were public knowledge.But here are some things you may not have known about him.
In his youth,Mandela enjoyed boxing.Even during the 27 years he spent in prison,he would exercise every morning.“I did not enjoy the violence of boxing so much as the science of it.Boxing is equal.I never did any real fighting after I entered politics.My main interest was in training,”he wrote in his autobiography Long Walk to Freedom.
Among the memorabilia in the Mandela Family Museum in Soweto,visitors
find the world championship belt given to Mandela by American boxer Sugar Ray Leonard.
Rolihlahla Mandela was nine years old when a teacher at the primary Methodist school
where he was studying, gave him an English name—Nelson—in accordance with the custom to give all school children Christian names.
Rolihlahla is not a common name in South Africa.It means “troublemaker”.His circumcision name was Dalibunga,meaning “founder of the Bunga”.
However, in South Africa, Mr. Mandela was often called by his clan(宗族)name—Madiba—which South Africans used out of respect.
After going underground because of his ANC activities,Mr Mandela’s ability to evade(躲避)the securities services earned him the nickname “the black Pimpernel”,after the novel The Scarlet Pimpernel,about a hero with a secret identity.
A fake(伪造的)passport in the name of David Motsamayi was used by MrMandela. He had disguised himself as a driver,a gardener and a chef in order to travel around the country unnoticed by the authorities.
Mr Mandela studied law on and off for 50 years from 1939,failing about half the courses he took.In August 1952,he and Oliver Tambo established South Africa’s first black law firm,Mandela and Tambo,in Johannesburg.He persevered to finally secure a law degree while in prison in 1989.
1.Why did Nelson Mandela become a boxing fan?
A.He enjoyed the violence of boxing.
B.He wanted to take the championship.
C.He desired to enjoy the training.
D.He hoped to find a better job.
2.Which of the following is true of Mandela’s name?
A.His original name was not Nelson.
B.His parents gave him the name—Nelson.
C.Rolihlahla is a popular name in South Africa.
D.Madiba was his Christian name.
3.What made people call Mr. Mandela “the black Pimpernel”?
A.His ability to escape from being caught.
B.His underground activities in ANC.
C.His pressure given by the authorities.
D.The novel’s hero with a secret identity.
4.Mr Mandela made a fake passport to_____.
A.travel around the country
B.escape from the authorities
C.disguise himself as an actor
D.go abroad easily
5.What can we learn from the last paragraph?
A.It took Mr Mandela over fifty years to get a law degree.
B.Mr Mandela set up South Africa’s first law firm.
C.Mr Mandela got his law degree after being released from prison.
D.Mr Mandela was a determined person.
’ emotions? A new study of animal’s emotions suggests that, as in humans, emotions can tell animals about how dangerous their world is, and guide the choices that they make. The article of the study by Bristol University’s professor Mike Mendl was published online.
An animal living in an environment where it is often threatened by predators(捕食者)will develop a negative emotion or “mood”, such as anxiety. However, one in an environment with plenty of opportunities to get resources for survival will be in a more positive mood state.
The researchers say that these emotional states not only show the animal’s experiences, but also help it decide how to make choices, especially in unclear situations. This could have good or bad results. An animal in a negative mood state will make a safety-first with a “pessimistic” response to an unclear event. For example, it considers a noise in the grass as a signal of the predator. At the same time, an animal in a positive mood state will benefit from a more “optimistic” response. It considers the noise as a signal of prey(猎物).
Professor Mike Mendl, head of the Animal Welfare and Behavior Research Group at Bristol University’s School of Clinical Veterinary Science said, “ We can use “optimistic” or “pessimistic”decision-making as a symbol of an animal’s emotional state. Recent studies by our group and others suggest that this is a meritorious new approach to studying a variety of animal species.”
“Public interest in animal welfare remains high, with widespread concern about the way in which animals are treated, used and included in society. To understand how animals should be treated, we need to better understand their emotional lives,” Mike Mendl said. The researchers believe Mike Mendl’s study can help them to better understand and assess an animal’s emotions.
When an animal is in a negative mood state, _______.
A. its response to an unclear event is pessimistic
B. it will pay little attention to an unclear event
C. it is easy for it to make right decisions
D. it has more opportunities to get food
67.The underlined word “meritorious” in Paragraph 4 can be replaced by “_______”.
A. valuable
B. useless
C. fashionable
D. hopeless
68. We can infer from the passage that ________.
A. the animals with positive emotions live longer
B. there is no way to assess an animal’s emotions
C. few people care about animal welfare nowadays
D. the environment can influence animal’s emotions
69.Mike Mendl advised people to better understand animal’s emotions in order to _____.
A. tell people to build more protected areas for animals
B. explain animals should be regarded as people’s friends
C. raise people’s interest in studying animals
D. make people know how to treat animals properly
70. What would be the best title for the passage?
A. Different kinds of Animals’ Emotions
B. Emotions Helps Animals to Make Choice
C. The Living Environment of Wild Animals
D. The Best Way to Measure Animals’ Emotions
PartⅣ Writing (45 marks)
Section A (10 marks)
Directions: Read the following passage. Fill in the numbered blanks by using the information from the passage.
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
The X- Factor (英国偶像), Britain's got talent(英国达人), American Idol(美国偶像)and Super girl, TV talent shows are popular all over the world.
There are many reasons for that. To start with, the show can make the contestant(选手) famous overnight. Susan Boyle was an ordinary English woman before she appeared on Britain’s Got talent, in which she sang “I Dreamed a Dream”. The video clip (片段) of her performance was viewed more than 50 million times within a few weeks. Second, the show offers a good opportunity to display one’s talents. Third, everybody has a fair chance to be involved in the show regardless of the age and background. Even if you can’t perform in the show, you can vote for your favorite contestant through cell phones and the Internet. Fourth, the fun and humorous style also appeals to young people. Last but not least, the modern media such as TV and the Internet contributes greatly to its rapid popularity.
However, many people express concerns about TV talent shows. They argue that the TV talent show misleads the young people and makes them believe that they can become famous overnight. Some think the show only creates entertainers rather than artists, because many winners have little idea about real music and acting. What’s worse, some judges even humiliate (羞辱) and laugh at contestants. One contestant from American Idol committed suicide because she couldn’t stand the rejection and humiliation. Even the winners suffer. Susan Boyle suffered a nervous breakdown soon after the show, because she was unable to deal with the pressure.
Many countries have realized the problems and taken some steps to regulate the show. The UK requires that contestants younger than 16 not be allowed to participate. China bans TV talent shows to be broadcast during the prime time. In the USA, some insulting judges are punished.
Section B (10 marks)
Directions: Read the following passage. Answer the questions according to the information given in the passage.
(Reuters) — At least 115 miners were pulled alive from a flooded coal mine in north China after being trapped for over a week, eating bark to survive, prompting extremely happy officials to hail their survival a miracle.
Officials said 153 miners were trapped in the unfinished Wangjialing mine, belonging to two of China's larger state-owned firms in Xiangning, Shanxi Province, after water gushed (喷, 涌) into the shafts last Sunday.
Late on Sunday night and throughout Monday, the survivors were pulled out from a platform, where the rescuers had drilled a vertical hole to ensure oxygen in the water-flooded pit and send down bags of glucose (葡萄糖). Thirty-eight miners were still missing.
"It is a miracle," said Luo Lin, head of the State Administration of Work Safety. "The trapped miners stayed so firmly determined down the mine shaft, passing through eight days and eight nights to live." The workers also survived by eating bark from pine wood used in building the mines, Chinese television said.
The government had succeeded in encouraging thousands of rescue workers to pump out water and search for the miners. After that, the water level dropped low enough for rescue workers to enter the shaft.
It was rare good news in China's dangerous coal-mining industry, the deadliest in the world with thousands killed every year in floods, explosions, collapses and other accidents. Shanxi Province is the heartland of that industry.
Strong demand for energy and not strict safety standards have made China's mines often deadly places to work, despite a government drive to clamp down on (对……进行压制或取缔) small, unsafe operations where most accidents occur.
Workers are tempted into (被诱惑去) the mines by wages that can be much higher than for many other jobs open to blue-collar workers and rural migrants.
China has consolidated (合并) or taken over many private mines, which has helped cut accidents. According to official statistics, the number of people killed in Chinese coal mines dropped to 2,631 in 2009, an average of seven a day, from 3,215 in 2008. But the deadliest accidents are not limited to private firms.
81. According to the second paragraph, what caused the serious accident?
(no more than 6 words)
Directions: Write an English composition according to the instructions given below in Chinese.
You never know what you can till you try.请你根据这句话来记叙生活中发生的一件事,并谈谈你对这句谚语的理解。
注意:1.不能写出自己的真实姓名和学校。
2.不要写标题。
3.词数不少于120字。
澧县一中2014届高三年级第二次模拟考试
11-15CACCB
18.American
19.future plans
20.world cup
21-25 DBCAA
26-30 DCDAA
31-35 BCDBA
36-40 ABADB
41-45 DBCAD
48. If/when
50. who/that
56-60 CBDCA
66-70 AADDB
71 TV talent shows
72 Examples /Types/Kinds
73. overnight fame
74 modern media
75 problems/concerns
76 misleading the youth
77. humiliating and laughing
78 Measures/steps/ solutions
79. contestants under/below 16
80. during prime time
81. Water gush into the shafts./That water gushed into the shafts./ Water’s gushing into the shafts.
82. By drilling a vertical hole. /Through a vertical hole.
83. Clamping down on small, unsafe operations, consolidating or taking over many private mines.
84. 115 miners’ surviving after being trapped over a week.
/The survival of 115 miners after being trapped over a week.
高考学习网-中国最大高考学习网站 | 我们负责传递知识!
高考学习网:
高考学习网:
· in the UK; not allowing 79. ________ to participate
· In China: Banning TV talent shows to be broadcast 80.________
· In the USA: punishing insulting judges
·the show’s 76. ________
·the show’s creating entertainers rather than artists
·judges’ 77. ________at contestants
·the winners’ suffering
·73.________
·good opportunity to display one’s talents
·fair chance for ordinary people
·fun and humorous style
·74.________
78.________
75.________
The X- Factor, Britain's got talent, American Idol and Super girl,
72.________
71. ________
其他相关资源
友情链接:
客服总机:400-606-99777 业务传真:010- 客服邮箱:Copyright &2006 - 2015 高考学习网版权所有. All Rights Reserved. 京ICP证100390号

我要回帖

更多关于 霍邱一中 的文章

随机推荐